Chapter Eighteen

*Enters conference office with whiteboard stand and suitcase* Sorry I'm late! Had trouble getting here. Traffic is really busy these days... Can I just say that my readers are perfect, hahaha I swear, all everybody asks is when will I update; love it, my little quesadillas. I may be a bit hungry.
___________________________

Carter's Point of View

The more I stared into his green eyes, the more I wanted to kiss him again. Suddenly, a loud boom echoed in the sky, a streak of lightning following after. Soon, it became a torrential downpour of rain. I slowly looked up to the sky, heavy droplets falling onto my face as we sat there, soaked to the bone under just one minute. I shivered as Harry gently placed one arm under my knees and the other on my back.

He lifted me up off the ground and jogged towards the tunnel. As soon as we were under the dark shelter, the atmosphere seemed to change. Harry set me on my feet and immediately, I felt like I was going to hurl.

"I feel sick," I mumbled, clutching my stomach with my arms.

"C'mere," He pulled me towards him, taking a big step out of the tunnel. The ache suddenly went away. I could sense he was waiting for me to practically spill my guts out.

"I feel fine," I whispered, my voice laced with confusion. I looked up at Harry as he furrowed his eyebrows. He gazed into the tunnel as if he was thinking hard. He took a step in, dragging me with him. I groaned and knelt down, the pain in my stomach returning again.

"Nope, don't feel fine," I announced, covering my mouth with my hand. He quickly pulled me back out and I sighed in such relief. "Please don't do that again," I begged, slowly standing up. I leaned against him and he wrapped an arm around me, not once breaking his gaze from the tunnel.

"I think I can see something," He spoke, squinting his eyes and craning his neck forward. I followed his gaze, squinting my eyes like he had done. My eyes widened at the familiar white dots poking out of the dark. Instead of two eyes, there were a dozen.

"Harry, I think we should leave," I told him, trying to ignore the hailing rain. He quickly picked me up without a word and turned away from the tunnel. I stared over his shoulder, keeping an eye on the tunnel, aware that there was more than one creature. "Harry," I whispered.

"Hmm?" He hummed, still focused on the path in front of us.

"Look back," I mumbled into his ear. He glanced over his shoulder and abruptly stopped to take in the frightful sight.

"Holy shit. . ." He spoke, his hands gripping onto me more tightly.

"They are running towards us," I said in a panicky voice. Harry's instinct was to immediately run. I stared at the huge mass of creatures chasing us. I couldn't bare the sight any longer, so I hid my face in Harry's neck. When I peeked to see where we were heading, Harry came to a halt.

We stood on the hill, the grassy dirt turning into muddy puddles. There was no way we could run down the hill without slipping. Harry set me on my feet again before he looked behind us. They were approaching us faster than we thought. He turned to face me, water dripping from his nose as it nearly cleaned half the blood off his face.

"Lay on the grass," He instructed. I raised my eyebrows and decided to oblige, laying my body in the uncomfortable mud.

"They're coming closer," I told him, my tears mixing with the rain. He then told me to curl up and once I did so, he knelt down in the grass and hovered over me. He moved a wet strand of hair out of my face.

"I won't let them hurt you, ok?" He stated, his expression so serious. I quickly nodded and he leant in to place a kiss on my lips before he pressed his body lightly against mine, practically shielding me. I cupped his face in my hands, signaling for him to stay. Suddenly, we broke away, thunder booming and the creatures finally able to catch us.

Harry placed his forehead against mine, bringing me closer to him. His eyes were shut tight as the creatures surrounded us. Suddenly, he was pulled off of me by a really freaky looking skeleton. I stood up and followed after him, but something pulled me back. I looked around us, the mass of creatures standing in a large circle, staring up at the sky.

"Harry!" I cried out as four creatures held me back, one boney arm almost choking me as its elbow jabbed me in the neck. I stared as the most scariest creatures surrounded Harry. They kicked him to his knees, pulled at his hair, pulled his arms, pulled his ripped patient gown, but I watched as one grabbed his neck, forcing him to look up at the sky. They lifted a sharp pointed stick, hovering it above his forehead.

I clenched my teeth and stared at the creatures holding me back. I struggled in their slimy hands, yelling in frustration. The creatures circling us suddenly started to sway. I quickly looked at Harry, watching the creature curve the stick on his forehead. His eyes fluttered closed and fell limp while they dragged his body towards me.

"Oh my God," I whispered, continuously crying. The creatures holding me back pushed me towards Harry, staring with their white eyes as I knelt beside him. Black dirt spread all across his forehead; The word, sinner, had been written. "Harry," I whispered, shaking his shoulders. "Please," I cried, gently leaning in to kiss his nose.

I glanced up, the creatures staring at me, their heads tilted to the side. I looked back down at Harry before leaning in once again, but to kiss him on the lips. I heard the inhumanly noises erupt all around as I slowly pulled away. I watched as Harry's lips parted, his eyes snapping open. He breathed in a large amount of oxygen, sitting up and looking around.

His eyes landed on me, and his expression changed to a more calmer one. "Oh God, your safe," He suddenly sighed in relief.

"They didn't do anything to me. They hurt you, though," I whispered as my chin trembled. I could still feel their eyes on us, but my attention was only on Harry.

"I'm not hurt, I'm fine," He mumbled, pulling me closer to him.

"T-They had this stick in their hand. And they wrote sinner on your forehead," I told him. He stayed silent, staring at the creatures surrounding us.

"They are trying to help the devil get his revenge," He growled, standing up and pulling me with him.

"Revenge? For what?" I asked, standing as close to Harry as I possibly could get.

"He doesn't like it when someone goes against the rules of his little dark game," He whispered, before raising his head and shouting to the sky, "I've been a sinner since I was born! Make the game a little fucking harder."

"Don't say that," I quickly shushed him, the creatures stepping forward.

"They can't harm me. After all, the devil did mark me a sinner," He whispered, cupping my face in his hands. "Sinners enjoy their pain, rather than suffer from it. But, I swear to hell and back, if this fucking game will involve you, it'll be the last time you will ever endure this shit, because they won't hurt you, and they never fucking could."

___________________________
Author's Note -

I love all the edits you guys make me thank you so much :3

And the last chapter got over 1,000 comments, holy fadoodle cakes....

Ohhh and if you wanna see what Carter looks like, just remember fellow friends, my instagram is @/_makayla_xx
[Hehe]

Songs: Serial Killer by Lana Del Rey, and Kill of the Night by Gin Wigmore