Chapter 18

Ryan gave me a lift home after what happened with Lunar, she still finds it hard. I still had an hour before picking up Emily so i want over to Jayden's place.

I knocked timidly on the door and Jayden's wife answered.
"Oh hey Lyra! what a pleasant surprise!" I loved Jayden's wife, always so Jolly, especially after everything she went through.
"Hey Shade! Is Jay in?" i asked
"No, he's out picking up Malik from nursery (basically daycare for you Americans)" Shade replied.
"Ah okay, i will come back later!" I told her.

I walked away from the house and back to mine, my intention was to pick up Emily. I got in the car and pulled of the driveway heading toward the school.

That's when it happened. The car pulled out and i wasn't able to remember any more....

Logan's POV ~

I felt a pang of pain go through my leg and arm. What the hell! Someone or something was hurting my mate!

I ran out the office intending to go find her then i was stopped by my boss, years spilling my eyes.
"Sir you have to let me go! My wife! She is getting hurt!" I screamed at my boss while on the floor pleading.

He was a werewolf so he should understand.
"Please!" I screamed almost hanging of him now, i needed to find my wife.
"Okay leave! Update me though." He told me.
"Yes yes anything, i owe you sir thanks so much." I told him as i ran out the door.

I got out and sprinted toward the forest that lead to the pack. I turned when i knew i was completely out of view from all other creatures. My clothes flew of as i sprinted in a panic toward my wife who was in pain

I felt her go unconscious as i came to the clearing, and that's when i saw it, my wife, my mate, my love laying limply on the ground next to the turned over car.

I sprinted over still in wolf form and licked the places where blood spewed put. I shifted back noticing this not working and began CPR.

I hugged her close as i did it, Jayden phoning an ambulance. I gave Ryan my phone and my car keys for my car. He was going to pick up Emily while i sorted this.
"Just tell emily there where some complications. If she becomes suspicious just give her a hug while you tell her." I told Lyra's trusty brother.

I carried on with CPR as the ambulance flew round the corner. They loaded her into the van and carried in with the CPR.

My poor Lyra... She was dying. I hugged her the whole way as they tried to resuscitate her. I cried into her and then she came around.

Her arm and leg had been put in a cast and she had a head covered in blood.
"Don't move love..." I muttered to her week body.

I linked Lunar to find out who the hell did this to my mate and she obliged happily. After a while she linked back.

apparently it was a pup trying to drive. I told her to kick the family out of the pack for being so self conscious about only them and not concentrating on their pups! I was mad and ready to kill so the sooner they leave the less chance their death with will come to part.

"L-L...." Lyra tried to stutter my name.
"No lay still, don't move love." I ordered her.

She lay back down into the ambulance bed.
"Don't leave me...." i muttered into her hair as she was tended to by doctors.

I cried into her limp body, machines the only thing keeping her alive right now.....