Lost her

Over fifty years ago, there was a young girl, named Maria robotnik whom lived in a Space Colony ARK.
Maria was diagnosed with Neuro-Immune Deficiency Syndrome and was not expected to recover from it. Which is why she never left the Ark, Due of her illness, which left her frail and weak.

Despite getting medical help though, Maria only grew weaker over time.
While looking down at the earth from the ARK, Maria developed an interest in it and longed to go there one day.

[Back then, medical treatment for it was difficult to provide. Medical research on N.I.D.S. was conducted aboard the Ark, but they were unable to yield a cure.]

One day, New hope for this research came when Professor Gerald Robotnik accepted to lead Project Shadow.

Gerald hoped that he could use the project's immortality research to develop a cure for Neuro-Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

Gerald's research produced Shadow The Hedgehog, who Maria became close friends with later on..

They'd always be around each other, talk to each other while looking at earth from above,  hoping to be there one day.

Until that one unfaithful day When the Artificial Chaos went on a rampage onboard the Space Colony ARK...
_________

"Shadow!" Maria yelled as she sought out for shadow to help save the Ark.

"What is it, Maria?" The black hedgehog with red stripes replied as he glided towards the young girl with the blue dress.

"You must help the ark, shadow, something is trying to destroy the Ark!"

Shadow nodded and ran off to do as Maria wished.

_

After he was done saving the ark, he went to doing what he regularly does.

_

For some time, everything was quiet and peaceful.
The professor would always invent things to find a cure for Maria was around shadow, looking out the window to look down apon the earth, wondering if she'll ever be able to go down there.
__
One day,
Shadow and the professor had a serious talk about some men coming into the ark and will try to harm maria.
The professor told shadow that he has to take care of her, and do the best he can to take her out of the ark.
Shadow nodded and walked off to maria.
_
"Shadow..." Maria murmerd while she gazed out the window.

"What is it, Maria?" Shadow said as walked next to her.

"One day, I'll be able to go down there, with you. We just have to wait a while longer... Alright?" She smiled at shadow once she was finished.

Shadow gave a little grin at her as he tried to stop himself from doing so.

"What's wrong, shadow?" She asked as her expression began to look worriesome.

"We'll be there faster than what you think..." He replied to her.

"Heh.. Right." She smiles again as she tilts her head to look at earth.

Shadow looked at Maria.

When she realized he was looking, she blushed and lend out a smile, hoping he'd give one back to her.

He didn't.

Maria got a bit nervous and looked turned her head.
__

It was hours later, and shadow told Maria that she should follow him.