A M E T H Y S T

Hello! My name is Ray, and you are viewing my graphic portfolio. I stumbled upon the world of book cover design and photomanipulations through Wattpad and DeviantArt and I thought I would display some of my favourite creations pertaining to these forms of digital art. Sit back and have a fun ride looking through my works!

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Contents

This book will contain the following:

• Photomanipulations

• Special Graphic Requests

• Favourite Graphics

• Contest Entries

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

FAQs

What do you use to design?
I use Photoshop CS6 and my Wacom CTL Pro graphic tablet. Oh, and of course, a computer.

Where do you find your resources?
Mainly DeviantArt. They have a large variety of stocks for all your graphic needs. I would recommend Pinterest if you are making non-commercial covers, because Pinterest is usually others' works displayed by some anonymous user who pins it to a board. I am not one to speak since I have a whole Graphic Resource board, but Pinterest is my last resort if I cannot find ANYTHING to work with.

For free commercial stock photos, Pexels and Pixabay are the best. I also download my Photoshop brushes from Brusheezy or DeviantArt.

For fonts, especially vintage ones, I recommend Deeezy. DealJumbo is also a very good site for free commercial freebies. Otherwise, I always go to DaFont, one of the most common font sites.

Are there any alternatives for Photoshop?
If you are on a mobile device, then IbisPaintX or PicsArt are perfect for you. For additional text, Pixellab (only for Android) and Phonto are excellent.

For a Computer/Laptop, the best free alternate for PS is Gimp. I have personally never used it, but from what I have heard, the functions are very similar to Photoshop and maybe you should practice there before going onto PS.

Another great alternative is Pixlr Editor—the website. That website is how I got accustomed to most of the functions of Photoshop in the first place. Without it, I would be lost, even today.

How long have you been designing for?
I started somewhere around mid-2017. If you don't count my (almost) year-long hiatus, I'd say about two years.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

NOTES

Please do NOT steal any of my work. You cannot simply screenshot hours of someone else's hard-work and add a few things, proceeding to call it your own thereafter. Such behaviour will not be accepted, and I will report you for copyright infringement. Absolutely none of the manipulations I post here are stock photos of any kind for anyone to slap text on. If I see any of my graphics being used to make something else, the consequences will not be lenient.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Ending it on a lighter note, however, I'd like to thank the amazing Blakey darthowl for the stunning gif banner you'll see in the end of every chapter in this book. It's about time I became less lazy and used a proper signature. Thank you, Owlie!

I hope you all have a lovely day, and don't forget to spread lots of happiness and smiles. I shall see you guys later.

 I shall see you guys later