08 | girls just wanna have fun

CHAPTER EIGHT

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN

          YOU'D THINK I'D BE USED TO THEIR INSIDE JOKES AND STORIES BY NOW

          YOU'D THINK I'D BE USED TO THEIR INSIDE JOKES AND STORIES BY NOW. Unfortunately, I'm not and my knowledge regarding whatever made these two stop speaking to each other is pretty limited, but Lucas seems to be on good terms with both of them (especially with Blake, but that was expected). Even worse—when their past comes up in a conversation, it's never for a good reason because they went from hating each other to actually being friends to despising each other's guts once again.

          And who am I to judge, really? When I held a grudge against Natasha for more than a year without ever listening to her side of the story (not that she has ever offered to shed some light on what happened, but I still have hope)?

          So, I plug in my earphones and open Spotify, not really wanting to interrupt or eavesdrop while also not feeling like moving. My movements feel sluggish and my headache worsens by the minute, even though I've already taken an aspirin and stayed hydrated the whole day to prevent this from dragging throughout the following hours. I crawl back towards my pillows, fixing them to let me comfortably lean my back against them, and mind my own business.

          There's this Methods and Formal Theory essay I have to start working on, even though it's not due until two weeks from now, but just thinking about it leaves me sick to my stomach (and that's not even including the packs of paper tissues I've gone through today, but I'm owing Juliet two packs) and slightly jealous of Leah, who was working on an essay about pop culture the last time I saw her, a few hours ago. There's this essay I should and have to focus on, but my productive mood is long gone.

          I love my major. Really. I had done my research for years before deciding this is what I want to do with my life and getting involved in politics, but I had hope the courses wouldn't focus too much in the theory portion. I want to get my hands dirty every once in a while and I want to be a part of the action instead of standing in the sidelines and learn about how it all came to life.