👽c h a p t e r | 6 |

We were riding a black Lamborghini but he drives like a senior citizen. I don't know what his mind is really up to right now.

Is he scared to drive like the Fast and the Furious? Or he just doesn't know the essence of this car at this very moment?

"A little faster would be amazing," I suggested, breaking the deafening silence while crossing my arms and looking bored on his slow pace.

But he remained like he didn't hear anything.

"You know why I'm doing this?" I said, but he still remained silent so I decided to continue. "For you to be aware, I'm doing this for Eight. I'm saving him away from getting killed by one of your own," I continued, currently facing him and trying to make an eye contact. "I don't want him to die," I sadly told him. "Don't you know that it's Five who'll kill him?" I announced and the car come to a halt exactly in the middle of the road.

"Why don't you get it that I hate hearing your make-up stories?" and that's where I only realize that he is fuming mad by his tone.

"Why can't you see that I'm trying to tell you the truth?" I bite back.

I rummage through the papers on my lap. "Look, haven't you notice the name of the author?" I point at Pittacus' name and I witness how his dark eyes widened. I wonder why they didn't notice it earlier. Maybe I covered it unintentionally by holding it where his name resides. But why didn't it crossed in my mind to make them see this?!

Ugh, I really hate my brain sometimes. It usually never thinks of something relevant regardless of the situation I am in.

"Where did you get this?" he parks the car on the side of the road.

"I'll explain it later," I reply but he remained steady and has no intention to bring the car's engine back to life. "Okay, I'll tell you everything while we're on the road," I ended up saying, unambiguously frowning.

"Alright! You just got my attention there, weirdo. If you may excuse me, I think this road is going to Wisconsin," he simpers, biting his upper moistened ruddy lip afterwards. He gives me a swift glance before bringing back his gaze onto the wheel.

"What?!" I scowled.

"I'm sorry. Okay? Now, chill. We don't have time for arguments. I believe we still have some catching up to do."

"How will we catch them when you drive like an old man?" I sarcastically told him, giving him the hint of my full vexation.

Surprisingly, the car's side mirror is blown away by some weapon that I am certainly not familiar with. What I am only sure about is that it's no ordinary gun. Our eyes unconciously look at it in sync.

Nine immediately started the engine and hit the accelarator with expertise. I admire him for that for like three seconds. I mean, I have just realized that we're under attack! Do I have an enough time for that?

"How did they find us?" I queried.

"Doesn't matter. What matters right now is our survival. Now, shut up and hold on," he reprimands, taking a very sharp U-turn.

I almost give a very rough kiss on the compartment in front of me. Good thing, Nine is here to stop that by his telekenesis.

"Don't you know what the seatbelts are for?" he scoffs.

He was not able to continue scolding me when the car almost flip over by some powerful force. The trunk side of the car is on fire.

"Whatever," he utters, releasing off his serious vibe. He unexpectedly U-turns again. I was about to question his action but my eyes unconciously glued on the rearview mirror and notice half a dozen of little cars that are coming while firing at us.