👽c h a p t e r | 7 |

I've got some great news! I failed sending ourselves to the morgue

I've got some great news! I failed sending ourselves to the morgue. Isn't it delightful? But I've also got one bad news, nobody's going to Arkansas. Not yet or maybe never!

I close my eyes as I shrink myself into the passenger's seat and tries to hide my head behind the headrest of our---no, Nine's newly stolen vehicle at a gasoline station, a red Chevrolet Blazer. If you are wondering how I knew about that. Well, he told me. I was totally against this carjacking thing but I certainly got his point. We have no other choice. The Mogs may have jotted down our plate number. I'm done of being hunted down! I just wanna get back outside the book.

Hey vortex, where art thou?! I think I just pass the time limit? Ugh.

Since our little action scene earlier, I have been breathing heavily and sweating profusely.

"Move on already." Nine states in a deadpan tone, currently sitting at ease on the driver's seat, his forehead glowing from sweat.

"Yeah, you managed to not kill them all and let a car full of Mogadorian psychopaths escaped. Wait, we were really the ones fleeing! Thank God, they're gone and not tailing us anymore! But who knows they'll just pop out from nowhere, bringing more of its friends and will definitely be successful in eliminating us this time!" I snap back, resulting for him not able to generate an answer.

I know, boy. I just made some sense back there.

Anyway, we are still on the road heading to Wisconsin.

If you are wondering why we're not heading to the location we should suppose to go to, well, he had made a brief but precise and acceptable explanation to me a few minutes ago

If you are wondering why we're not heading to the location we should suppose to go to, well, he had made a brief but precise and acceptable explanation to me a few minutes ago. Nine honestly wants to get back to the penthouse to get more ammo. Sadly, we're running out of it. He didn't really have seen this ambush coming. Neither did I. So to strenghthen our faith on being able to keep our souls be still intact in our bodies, we badly need a refill of ammunation. We don't know what lies ahead if we go straight to Arkansas right now. Plus, those Mogs may have been already done in calling for backup and is planning for another strike again at the moment, waiting for us on that same road. Probably, we have to find another route going back to Chicago, Illinois.