Back to Business

Mister Smoothy

11:25 AM EDT

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A young man soon came walking in. He had worn his common black shirt and jeans under his green apron. He looked at the two and smiled. "Welcome to Mr. Smoothy. What can I get for you ladies today?"

The snow-haired girl was the first to reply with a smile. "I'll have a Winter Melon please."

'Huh...Nordic. You don't see them often. Her outfit really suits her along with her Brazilian friend.' He turned to her and asked, "And you?"

'Green eyes too...' the emerald woman thought. Shaking her head out of her stupor, she gave her order. "I'll have a Strawberry Sunrise."

'I always liked Latin accents.' "Sure. Coming right up. Can I get your names?"

The emerald Brazilian was the first to speak. "You can call me Beatriz,

Her friend spoke next. "And you may call me Tora." She smiled happily at the man before them.

He smiled at the two. "It's nice of you two to stop by. You may call me Ben." He walked around the kitchen and soon made their drinks. After he received payment, he handed the two their drinks.

"Thanks," Tora and Beatriz both smiled. They decided to take seats near the counter.

"Enjoy."

The room was quiet at first, but a conversation started between them. The three continued to talk for another half-hour, enjoying each other's company.

"We're actually staying here in Central City for a month," answered Tora

"I'm sure that you'll enjoy your stay. You two can come by anytime," he replied.

"I take it that we gave off a good first impression," Beatriz commented.

"Don't sell yourselves short. It normally takes time for people to get on my good side. Now that I think about it, where were you two headed before you stopped by here?"

"Tora and I were on our way to Central City Plaza to check out the sites and do some shopping," Beatriz answered.

Tora's eyes widened from an idea. "Ooh! Do you want to come with us?"

Ben blinked at the sudden request while Beatriz raised an eyebrow at the invitation. "Excuse us while I have a little chat with my friend here." Beatriz grabbed Tora and walked to the other side of the store. Ben was used to seeing girl talk, so he didn't mind.

Beatriz gave Tora an expectant look while tapping her shoes. When she saw her look of confusion, she whispered to her. "Why did you invite him to come with us?"

Tora simply rolled her eyes and whispered back. "Come on he seems nice. As far as I can tell, he seems pretty docile and sweet."

"So?..."

"We're new here and I would prefer to have a local show us around compared to a tour guide. Remember what happened in New York last winter?"

Beatriz shuddered at the memory. Their tour guide was a total sleaze. He barely knew anything about the town. Not to mention, he tried to get into their pants the entire day. "You have a point..."

"Plus, he is pretty cute, especially with those green eyes of his."

Beatriz twitched. "Really? I haven't noticed..."

"So? It is a plan?"

"Fine... He can come along."

"Yay!"