9900TH birthday

"Happy birthday to yooooo!" The three of us sang at the top of our voices,

This was our 9900TH birthday.

And we'd decided to spend it at home, in our VIP penthouse suite in Massachusetts.

We don't have boyfriends and we don't have friends really. We do go to universities and we both go to different ones, Stheno goes to the university of Michigan and is getting her doctorate in Greek and Roman Mythology, Euryal is working in Dakota and is a famous fashion designer and teaches in the uni there , and I teach mythology in Harvard university, mythology in which I am a professor of and have two doctorates on.

All three of us are Gorgons, we aren't to the untrained eye very unnatural, we all have human skin colours, we all have apparent human looking eyes, we're good looking apparently as we've all been told, okay all of us have to either wear wigs or hats, and we also have to pretend to have eye conditions so we can wear sunglasses which shield everyone from our curse.

The girls wear hats as they live in relatively cold places. As Massachusetts isn't that cold I wear wigs, as the snakes that live attached to my head are rather noticeable I have to wear a natural brunette coloured human hair wig. Which I curl or straighten depending on what I want to do.

I may look about eighteen but I can pass for a 24 year old woman, no one really notices I don't age their too busy to really look even though my class is full of hormonal college boys and a minority of people who actually want to take the subject.

Stheno, Euryal and I got out our bags handing each other their present.

I had gotten Stheno and Euryal each a different necklace, Stheno got a sapphire and diamond pendant necklace with matching earrings and I'd gotten Euryal a amber, ruby and silver necklace with matching earrings, they all loved their presents, Stheno got me a delicate matching set of a necklace, earrings and a bracelet, the necklace had a silver locket in crusted with emeralds, amber and sapphires, inside was a picture of the three of us at comic-con dressed as our mythical selves. I smiled. That was my favourite picture of us all.

Euryal had gotten me an awesome gown for the start of semester themed dance, as this years theme was royal medieval balls. Euryal had gotten me a long blood red and navy blue ball gown, the top of the ball gown was strapless, it was blood red velvet with a laced back, which was then covered by a black corset, then at the hips is a big tuft, where the silk navy blue fabric with the matching coloured underskirt underneath protrude, if that wasn't enough the dress came with matching heels and a blood red velvet cloak.

"Euryal this is too much!" I insisted,

"Medusa you did the same for me when I went to prom, I'm returning the favour you did for Stheno and I." Euryal smiled.

"Your not going to back down are you?" I asked,

"No, my students did a project on creating you the dress and this was my example, we're all doing a ball soon anyway. And I have a backup don't worry."

"Fine, I'll wear the dress." I sighed.

"Yes!" Stheno and Euryal squeal with excitement.