|25| Confessions

6 years and 13 days after Praimfaya

Clarke woke up with the warmth of Bellamy's arms around her.

She kept her eyes shut, a smile pulling gently at the corners of her mouth as she basked in the sensation of being held by the man she loved. Last night had been a blur of tangled limbs, pounding hearts, and frantic kisses that still didn't seem real, though the memory of it was burned across her skin. This right now felt real.

A few minutes later, Bellamy shifted his hold on her, his fingers curling around the soft curve of her hip. She propped her head up on an elbow and watched as he woke up, his eyes fluttering open behind the tangled curls of his hair.

"Hello," Clarke murmured, brushing the hair away from his eyes before leaning down to press a soft, lingering kiss against his unsuspecting lips.

He smiled under her mouth, his hand sliding up from her hip along her back, his fingers creating a delicious trail of subtle friction against her skin. More memories of last night leapt into Clarke's mind at his touch – Bellamy's hands around her shoulders, stroking along her thighs, and tugging her hips against his.

"Morning, princess," Bellamy said, his voice rough with sleep.

~ ~ ~

If this was a dream, Bellamy didn't want to wake up.

Clarke was warm and soft against him, and he never wanted to let her go. He felt like everything had finally fallen into place the way it was supposed to be. His heart was so full of love it felt like it would burst, and yet somehow it kept beating, letting him stay in this moment with Clarke.

Last night, he'd let his actions speak the words that he hadn't been able to say. But now, no barriers between them, he knew this was the time.

He pulled far enough away from Clarke so he could look her straight in the eyes, the silver-touched blue of her gaze soft in the graying dark of the early morning light trickling in through the narrow window above their heads. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, enamored by the way she closed her eyes at his touch, her lips parting slightly.

"I love you," he whispered, the words falling so easily off his tongue. Clarke's eyes flew open, her breath gusting out in a quiet exhalation that he felt against his mouth as he kissed her. "I love you so damn much, Clarke Griffin."

"I know," she said, her fingers sliding warm up his jaws and tangling in his hair.

"You did, huh?" he teased, laughing softly between kisses.

"You wear your heart on your sleeve, Bellamy Blake," Clarke said, slinging a leg across his stomach and shifting over him. "And that's why I love you."

When she kissed him again, her hair brushing over his cheeks and her lips slow and certain against his, Bellamy felt complete.

-----

Super short chapter here BUT I don't there are any complaints about that, because this is pretty much perfect, isn't it?? Also, I listened to "Ink" by Coldplay on repeat while writing this, and it has so many Bellarke feels I can't even with it.

Anyways, last chapter from me before the Watty entry time ends, so here's hoping we get a Bellarke win again!

So . . . VOTE AND COMMENT!!!