-Chapter 1-

•• 2014 © Copyright hscsos ••

----------------------------------------------

Mikayla's P.O.V

"Mum! Please! I'm 19 now! Just let me go! It's the opportunity that I've been waiting for!" I whine

"Kayla, it's a year. I can't let you go to Ibiza for a year with just your friends, How can you live?" My mother questions

"Mum, I've been saving up for this trip for nearly 3 years now. Plus we have everything we need, a place to stay, food. Everything!" I convince my mother

"Fine, fine. I guess you've grown up too fast and I'm gonna miss you too much!" She sighed.

I gave my mother a huge tight embrace that she hates "I'll miss you too mum, a lot." I say whilst rocking her left and right.

A few seconds later, I feel my shoulders getting wet. "Oh no mum! Don't cry or you'll make me cry!" I warn but before I knew it I find a tear falling from my eye too.

"Thank you mum, thank you for everything." I say after pulling apart from our embrace.

"It's okay, I'll just feel all lonely again" she admits

Lonely. That's what she felt for 3 years of her life.

Back when my mother just found out that she was pregnant with me, she was extremely happy. It was the best news she has heard since 'will you marry me?'.
She waited for him (my stupid dad) to come home from work but.. He never came home. She still doesn't know why till now and I don't think she really wants to know.
19 years of her life she brought me up despite being a single parent.
She doesn't regret anything, she's happy that I grew up to who I am today. She's happy that the 3 years of loneliness and waiting has gone past.

----------

A/N:

Hey! Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of my first book!

*Just note*
I suck at writing stories but hopefully this book will be successful and people might actually read it!

Comment if you have any ideas or things I should improve on because this is my very first book so this will most likely suck.

Thank you!

-C

P.S If this book is successful, I'll do a Finn Harries Fanfic! :)