-Chapter 2-

----January 2014----

"Kay! Are you ready?" Ana shouts

"Yeah!! I'm coming down!" I reply back

5th January 2014.

It is the day we leave. It is also the day that I will last see my mum until 2015.

I have mixed emotions, excited, happy but also I'll miss my mum which is the only down part as she's always been there with me.

I woke up this morning to the sound of my alarm.

4am it read, I don't know why I chose a morning flight as I wasn't a morning person but I did.

I decided to put on a little bit of makeup even though I'd have to take it off on the plane. I put on a bit of mascara and concealer to hide my eye bags as I was too excited to sleep last night (which was not so long ago).

I grab all my bags and head down to the living room where I was greeted by my best friends, Ariana (Ana, we call her) and Jazzy aka Jasmine. I was also greeted by my mother.

"Kay! Finally!" Ana says whilst giving me a hug,

"Sorry, I'm not a morning person! Plus I didn't get any sleep at all last night; I was too excited!" I say whilst giving everyone an embrace,

We still have half an hour until we have to go and leave for the airport and so I decided to use these last moments in London with my mother. We all sat down and started to chat about our plans for the journey ahead.

--5:30am--

"Kayla, I'll miss you soo much! Remember to call me once you land and stay safe!" My mum reminds me as we get into the car,

"I'll miss you even more mum! Yeah we will, you stay safe too!" I almost shout out the window as the car slowly drives away from my mother, the house, the house that I've lived in all my life. The house that had happy and sad, depressing memories from when I was a child. The house that I cried in when everything around me was messed up. The house that knows what I've been through in my childhood.

"I'll miss this place" I whisper to myself

I then find my self dramatically looking out the window as if I'm never coming back.

Suddenly I get caught by Jazzy as she pokes me on the arm,

"Hey, it's only a year. You won't leave this place forever!" She laughs as if she read my mind,

"I know.." I mumble back enough for her to hear.

---an hour later---

"Kay! Kay! Wake up! We've arrived at the airport!" Ana informs me as she shakes me around to wake me up,

We gather all our stuff and head into the airport.

After a while of just sitting down and drinking some Starbucks our flight was finally boarding.

"Flight AT4U563 now boarding, I repeat, Flight AT4U563 now boarding"

The scary airport voice announces,

"That's us! Let's go!" Ana says as she grabs all her stuff with one hand and her best friends with the other.

"Okay, okay! We're coming!" Jazzy and I reply back at the same time.

Ana is the eldest out of us three, she's 20, me and Jazzy are 19. Ana is like a big sister to us (even though she's only a year older) and more responsible, probably explains why she has our plane tickets as she thinks we'll loose them or something.

"This is it! Our new life for this year is a few hours away from us!" I sighed with a huge grin on my face as we started to walk into plane.

----------

A/N:

Hello! I hope you guys enjoyed the second chapter (as if anyone is even reading my book)

Jack will be in the next chapter so look forward for that!

As I said before on my first chapter, I suck at writing stories so if you want to  comment on what I should improve on or if you have any ideas! or not lmao

Byee!

-C