Author's Note

Writing a novel based on Philippine mythology is a difficult yet challenging task to me, but I pursued in finishing it because of my interest and passion to know more about the mythology the country have. One of the difficulties I encountered is explaining about the pantheons that differ from places to places, region to region and island to island, as there are a lot of deities and some are merely impossible to insert in the story. There is no fixed one pantheon for the whole country. If you go to another city, the myths changed already. But as I kept on writing and finishing the first few chapters, the faster the ideas came that's why it became easier.

Besides that, I wanted to encourage Filipinos kids to become passionate of our own culture and know about our own myths, not because to bring back the polytheistic nature and belief of the ancient Filipinos, but to give recognition to our past. Seriously, I'm not aiming for the belief of false deities, and no one should, too, but for the story itself. The stories and myths we have are filled with wonderful, satisfying tales that reflects our past as Filipinos. Most of us are enthusiasts of other's mythologies, so we should also embrace our own.

There are a lot of kids today who doesn't know anything about our own mythology; except maybe for Bathala, aswangs, story of Malakas and Maganda, and etc. (no offense). That's why, dear readers, take this book as a minor guide for introducing Philippines' mythology.

I may not be able to fully and excellently write down all myths in my novel, but I'm positive that you might learn something from it. I'm writing as best as I can for you, readers, and I hope that you follow Chris Garcia and his friends, Isabelle Miranda and Tim Dela Cruz, on their journey in the next book....