Rebound, But Newfound {13}

“HE SAID HE LOVED ME. HOLY HELL; HE SAID HE LOVED ME.”

                Trace grabbed my shoulders and shook me, an annoyed expression on his face. “Zeke! Calm the fuck down!” he snapped, releasing me.

                “Trace, my boyfriend just told me he loves me and I don’t love him back!” I criedmiserably. I dropped my face into my hands and fell onto Trace’s bed.

                “Zeke, calm down. You said he was basically asleep. Maybe he didn’t mean it. It might’ve just slipped out. Calm. Down.” Trace crossed his arms and fixed me with a glare. “You’re overreacting.”

                I pulled my hands away from my face and shook my head violently. “No, I’m not!” I cried. I was going to break poor Tommy’s heart.

                “Zeke, just tell him you love him, even if it’s not completely true. He won’t know,” Trace said with a shrug.

                “Trace, I can’t! You know how Tommy always manages to read my mind,” I said quietly. Tommy would know when I was telling truth, and when I was just trying to make him feel better.

                Trace sighed and sat next to me. “Zeke, maybe he didn’t mean it. If he was tired, it could’ve slipped out,” he said.

                “If you were queer, I’d still be here, year after year, because you’re dear to me,” I mumbled under my breath. Trace raised an eyebrow.

                “Doing musicals now, Zeke?” he asked.

                “You’re saying my name a lot today.”

                “I like saying it. Zeke, Zeke, Zeke. It sounds like a fancy type of dinner.”

                “Nice to know.”

                “Welcome to The Saunders. Would you like some Zeke? Fries on the side.”

                “Trace,” I groaned. “You’re not helping.”

                “There’s nothing to help. I can’t make you love him and I can’t make him not love you,” Trace said simply. I groaned again, realizing he was right.

                “Learn how to make me love him!” I begged.

                “Well, you see, you take his pants off and-”

                “IN A NON SEXUAL WAY.”

                Trace shrugged. “Just trying to help with what I can. I don’t know how to make people fall in and out of love. That’s Cupid’s job, not mine.”

                “I’m going to go visit Tommy, I guess,” I said and stood up.

                “Good luck. If you get hungry, come on over and have some Zeke.”

                I flipped Trace off and smirked. “You wish you could get some Zeke in your mouth,” I said with a wink, ducking to avoid the pillow he whipped at my head. I chuckled and left his room, shutting the door behind me.

                “Hi Zeke!”

                I jumped in surprise and smiled weakly. “Hi Kory,” I said, trying to stay friendly. God he was so sexy. Dammit Kory! Why couldn’t you be ugly and have a terrible personality?