ELEVEN

Eleven | visionary

The room fell into silence for a second before the cradle burst open and the body flew out, heading straight for Thor. Thor grabbed it and flung it towards the other side. It paused, just as it was about to hit the glass wall and looked out into the city.

The atmosphere in the room was tense as everyone waited for the fight to resume. A couple of seconds later, he headed towards us, a confused look on his face, "I'm sorry, that was...odd," he turned to Thor, "thank you."

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asked.

"I've had a vision," Thor explained, "a whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at it's center is that." He pointed to the gem on Vision's  forehead.

"What," Bruce asked, "the gem?"

"It's the Mind Stone," Thor explained  further, "it's of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would you bring it to..."

"Because Stark is right," Thor said.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times," Bruce mumbled at the same time I said, "we're doomed."

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron," Thor said.

"Not alone," Vision added.

"Why does your 'vision' sound like JARVIS?" Steve asked, voicing my thoughts.

"We... we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new," Tony said as he walked around examining Vision.

"I think I've had my fill of new," Steve mumbled.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" Vision asked.

"You're not?" Steve shot back.

"I'm not Ultron," Vision said in that calm tone of his, "I'm not JARVIS. I am...I am."

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation," Wanda spoke up.

"Look again," Vision said.

"Yeah," Clint said, "her seal of approval means jack to me."

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor tried to explain.

"Is it?" Steve interrupted, "are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple," Vision replied.

"Well it better get real simple real soon," Clint said.

"I am on the side of life," Vision said, "Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked.

"You," Vision replied.

"Where?" Bruce asked.

Vision didn't reply, it was Clint who did, "don't know yet. I can't get hold of anything. Can't find Nat either."

"If we're wrong about you," Bruce said, in a threatening tone, "if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" Vision asked, "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."

He held up Thor's hammer making me suck in a deep breath in surprise. It seemed like I wasn't the only one who was shocked. Everyone else was looking at Vision as well.

Thor took the hammer with a shocked look on his face as well, "right." To his credit, he tried not to look shocked, smiling at all of us as he pat Tony on the shoulder, "well done."

Steve turned to all of us, "let's find Ultron."

✳✳✳

I know that this is much shorter than my usual chapters, but I'm updating early to thank you for 2k reads! Thank you so much!!!! You guys are the best! Now I sound like a little kid. But I don't care because I am soooo happy!!! I mean, it hasn't even been a month since we reached 1k! Again thank you all sooo much for reading!

So, I changed the 'found Nat and Ultron' part because that means the movies coming to an end. And I need a little more time. So I'm extending Cap's three minutes to a couple of days. The next few chapters will be AU!

Please consider giving a vote or leaving a comment to let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!