Daddies & Nappies // 3

Ashton - Daddy
Luke - Dad
Calum - Uncle
Michael - 2 years old (headspace)

The next day rolled around and Michael woke up feeling disgusting about himself. How could he let himself slip into his headspace in front of not only Luke, but Ashton and Calum too. He had woken up early to the sound of arguing outside his bed on the tour bus. Poking his head out from behind the curtain he saw Calum and Luke in a full blown argument.

"You had it last! Where is it!" Shouted Calum straight into Luke's face. "I don't know!! Look for it yourself" Luke screamed back. Luke usually tried to avoid confrontation, but he wasn't about to let Calum yell at him for no reason. "You lost it! Look for it!" Calum screamed. "You're pathetic!!" Luke said before he turned around to walk away. As he turned away he found himself face to face with Michael, who currently looked terrified about the whole situation.

"We didn't mean to wake you Mikey, sorry buddy" Luke said, not really noticing that all of the shouting had upset Michael. "Yeah, Luke was just being a dick" Calum said, pushing past Luke so he could leave the bus. When he pushed Luke, Luke sort of fell into Michael slightly, knocking his head against the wooden frame of his bed. Without thinking Michael burst into tears. He wasn't crying about hitting his head, it didn't even hurt, he was purely crying because the situation had become way too overwhelming for him to comprehend and the only way he knew to let out all his emotions was crying.

At first Luke was a bit shocked, he knew that he hadn't touched Michael hard enough to actually hurt him. He then realised that he probably wasn't hurt, he probably just missed home, or something like that. "Baby, come here, please don't cry" Luke spoke into Michael's ears as he cried. Luke pushed himself up so he was sitting next to Michael on his bed and he took the younger boy in his arms, rocking him slowly.

Once Michael's crying had subsided he started to speak again "come on Mikey, we have to get up. We go home today!!" Luke stated excitedly. Michael sat up quickly, seemingly forgetting about being upset, a smile plastered on his face. "Home!!" Michael said, beaming at Luke and brimming with happiness.

All four of the boys had packed up all their things and were sitting in the tour bus living area as it drove them to the airport. "Urgh, I'm so glad to be going home" said Ashton to break the silence. "Me tooooo, can't wait to see my family, it's been way too long" said Luke. Michael just sat in silence, he loved his Mum to the end of the earth, but his dad, that was different. His mum was a lovely women, always happy and full of love. However, his dad was a strict and angry man, who was rarely pleased with Michael and always managed to find a way to put him down. He wished there could be a way he could be with his mum, without having his dad in the situation, but telling his Mum was definitely not happening.

"We've arrived!" A voice from the front of the bus shouted back to the boys. Everyone piled out of the bus and they were quickly escorted through the airport and straight onto a private plane. The plane journey was 14 hours, give or take, but it was an overnight flight so it should've been relatively painless.

They each had their own two seats to themselves, which could turn into a bed, along with a table and a TV screen. "I can sit with you if you want me to" Luke said, smiling at Michael. Michael wanted that, he really did, but he didn't want to come across as being babyish or clingy so politely declined. "Nah it's okay Luke, I'll come over and see you in a bit" he said, smiling just as wide back at Luke. Luke was happy that it seemed as though Michael was feeling back to his usual self, so he took his seat across the aisle, leaving Michael on his own.

Their private planes were always the best. They always had amazing food, and the newest films, but best of all they offered a wifi service! Calum, Ashton and Michael quickly decided to fall asleep while the plane took of into the sky, but Luke didn't feel that tired yet. He decided he was going to look up some things to try and help Michael so he didn't feel as anxious and nervous when they were away from home.