Glimpses of the Future 3

2.5 years a few weeks,and half a liquor store later

If even Nick and Blake started telling him he needed to stop drinking, Sem knew it was bad. If he ignored their opinion, he knew it was worse.

He was drunk.

Extremely drunk.

Sem hadn't drank this much since his high school days, before he met Connor. He remembered always thinking it sucked afterward, and vowing never to do it again. Drinking used to be able to make him forget, but he wasn't forgetting about Connor. The alcohol only seemed to amplify his longing for Connor, and the roaring flood of emotions he was trying to numb.

He should go home. Get in bed.

But where were his keys? If only he could find the damned scraps of metal so he could fetch his bike and go already. They weren't in his pocket, where they were supposed to be.

There was suddenly a hand on Sem's back and Nick's face popped up. "You really need to go home man, you look bad," Nick shouted in his ear.

"Can't," Sem slurred. "My keys are gone."

Nick pulled a face. His lips moved but Sem couldn't hear what he was saying. Whatever it was, it wasn't nice, as Nick forcefully half-dragged, half-carried him outside to a chair out front. Sem swore he'd only blinked once, but Blake was suddenly there next to Nick, staring down at him with pursed lips.

"The staff doesn't collect lost and found items until tomorrow morning man," Nick informed Sem to which he groaned.

"I can't go inside without my keys. Can I sleep over at one of your places?"

Nick and Blake exchanged a look.

"I got Emma sleeping over tonight. I don't want to wake her up," Nick said.

"Nu-uh, hell no, don't look at me because I, like, happen to be single," Blake retorted. "I live at home, I'm not taking him to my parents like this."

Nick crossed his arms. "Aren't your parents used to seeing you drunk and in a dress?"

"Please! I am in control of myself! They never see me drunk! And I don't want him vomiting all over my brand new cashmere carpet. I wouldn't even take him near it when he's sober!"

"Thanks so much for wanting to help me. You're the best friends ever," Sem grumbled, taking out his phone. "I'll just go to my own parents and take the yelling tomorrow morning-- hey!"

Blake had stepped forward and snatched Sem's phone out of his hands. Sem couldn't do anything but make a half-hearted grab for it and obviously miss. Blake's eyes sparkled. "I have a better idea."

"What kind of idea?" Sem asked, but Blake was already gone with his phone. Nick shrugged. He clearly had no idea what Blake was planning either.

When Blake came back, his smile wasn't his ordinary bright smile. No, it was more like a million watt version, and it was extremely suspicious. Sem narrowed his eyes as he took his phone back from Blake.

"What did you do?"

If it were possible, Blake's smile brightened even further. "Connor's coming to pick you up."

"What? No way, you called Connor?" Nick commented, letting out a startled laugh. "God!"

"Aw, you don't have to call me God, honey. Blake is fine, too," Blake grinned.

Sem groaned, burying his head in his hands. "Oh fuck." He was too dizzy to try and get up and shake Blake like he wanted to. "I hate you so, so much."