15) Siblings & Marriage (Part 2)

Dear Charles,
                           It has been three years, now. I don't think that you know this but after our fight, I became very ill and spent those three years away from everything. In those three years, I found myself and when I did, I found the capability to forgive you. Thinking about it, now, I don't think that we could have ever worked out as a couple but I am sure that we can work out as friends. I want us to be friends again, Charles. I miss our talks when I used to tell you everything. I hope that you could forgive me too. It took me three years but I finally understood your anger. You wanted to make the world a better place with the woman you love but I didn't support you like I should have. I was selfish and afraid. I didn't want to go to Africa. I didn't want to go to another continent. If you found in yourself the ability to forgive me, I hope that you will write to me and tell me what you have been up to in those three years.

Yours Truly, 
Amelia.     

"I am very proud of you, my dear," Meg said holding my hands.

"Me too," Dr Philips said looking proudly at me.

"Excuse me," Edward said as he left the room and went upstairs.

If I only know what is going on in that head if yours, Edward Denton?

"Could you replace the envelope since it is ruined before you send it, Dr Philips?" I asked glaring at Cecelia.

"Of course, my dear," he said.

"Now, excuse me," I said as I stood up, "I would like to rest a little before our visitors arrive"

I went to my room and put my body on the bed but I did not sleep until very late.

I woke up to Meg's voice telling me to get ready.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked with a smile.

"No," I replied grumpily without moving.

"Good. Now, move!" She said hitting me with a pillow.

"Hey!" I shouted taking the pillow.

"Move!" She shouted.

"Fine," I shouted back.

"Do I have to change my clothes?" I said as I looked at my sleeping gown.

She smiled wickedly, "No, I am sure that Edward will like you like this"

My eyes widened and I could feel my cheeks flush. I took the pillow and threw it at her. Sadly, she was already out of the door.

"You are a shrew, Megan Philips," I shouted and I heard her laughing in response.

I stood up, got dressed and went downstairs. There was no one there except for him.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked with a smile.

"Yes, thank you," I lied with a smile.

"That will explain your screams," He said with a smirk.

I blushed as I looked at my feet.

"Are you excited?" He said changing the subject when he noticed my lack of comfort.

"Yes"

"Nervous?"

"Yes"

"Bernard?"

"Yes"

When we discovered that I was only replying in monosyllables, we looked at each other and laughed. It is the first time that I feel comfortable around him. We sat down on the couch.