Character description, Chapter 1 and 2

Hawwa was a girl of average height. She was of mixed Arab (Palestinian) and Punjabi (Pakistani) decent. She had dark brown hair, she wore a Hijab almost always so that doesn't really matter, and was fair skinned. Besides from English she could speak the tiniest bits of Arabic, Urdu and Punjabi. Due to this she normally converse with her family in English

Ameena was a tall girl, her parents, like her, had been born and raised in the UK. They both met through mutual relatives at a wedding and fell in love. Ameena was their first child and was born 2 years into their marriage. Ameena's grandparents however did immigrate from what is now Bangladesh, back then known as East Pakistan, in the late 60s in search of a better life. Her father's parents moved back to Bangladesh when Ameena was of 5 years. Ameena would usually go visit them every other summer holiday. She usually spoke English at home but could also somewhat engage in Sylheti Bengali conversation with her grandparents. Ameena doubted her faith. Heryears of religious teachings couldn't have all been for nil, could it have? Religionis a gamble she often thought, you believe the wrong thing you go hell; youbelieve the right thing you go heaven.    

Shiro is Ameena's cat and friend, Shiro is actually an alien from a parallel universe's Earth. His species is are called the Hikits and they speak in a tongue known as Kittish. The Hikits are a telapathic race of inter-universal power.