Prologue - Chocolate Umbrella

Prologue

In an old movie, "Forrest Gump", there once was a line, "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get". When a couple met in college, fell in love, graduated, built their careers, eventually married and have children....will that be the "happily ever after" ending to their story? What kind of chocolate will they have next? Will it be bitter sweet? Will it be with filled fine cognac? Will it be just a stale one which should have been thrown to the garbage long ago? Or will it be poisoned and killed one's life?

Alena and Emile met when they were in college. They both had a very similar upbringing. Came to a foreign land in their late teens, middle classed and always put in the extra mile in order to get the recognition they sought. Yet, they are with very different personalities. Alena an ambitious female who constantly wanted to prove her capabilities, while Emile, a mellow guy who always knew he was capable.

Alena and Emile fell in love not too long after they became friends. Emile claimed it was "love in second sight". Alena, said it was Emile's intellect which set him apart from other suitors. Whatever the reasons were, they were in love. Graduated from school, they went into similar paths to build their careers. Putting in their blood and sweats, they earned their successes in the hi-tech field. They became financially secured. Bought a house, got married, had their first born. Life could not have be better. Well, it could be, in a material way, if they were greedy.

Greedy or not, life really is like a box of chocolate. Though they might not want any other flavour than the one they were having already, there wasn't another same flavored in the box. When they reached out for the next piece of chocolate... they could be surprised.