Chapter one- Attacked at home

Claire's POV

It all happened so fast that it almost seemed unreal. It was impossible to believed it happen because I didn't see it coming nor did I think of this as a possibility. There was not even a slight hint as to darkness coming.

One moment I was in the shower, the next moment I was here with my hands cold and my mouth half open. By here I meant that I was lying on the cold tiled floor while there was a loud ruckus downstairs. This was the major downside of living alone, every sound known to man could give one the creeps.

I'm not doctor but I could diagnose myself with the creeps just about now.

"Claire, I've been trying to reach out to you for hours now. Why have you been ignoring me? Baby I swear she was just a friend, maybe she has a thing for me but babe you are the world to me, you know that. Give me a call would you" came my ex's voice throughout the speaker of the phone in the kitchen.

He had some nerve begging a response when he knew exactly what he did. I knew what I saw and he dared to justify it?

Were men like this? When the mess was made, would they always deny it?

I arched my brow, hearing my ex's shitty voice via the phone's speaker was enough to get my damaged ass up. As soon as I was back on my feet I wrapped my towel around me tighter as I grabbed a baseball bat and took cautious steps.

Whatever was in my house needed to leave. I choose to live on my own for a very good reason. I straightened my face as I moved on bare feet, my hair a bit wet on my back.

I needed to know what that sound was, the last thing I needed at this point was a break in. Why rob a house anyway? Its a risk that usually lead to being placed behind bars with a few broken bones if one messed with the wrong person.

I shook my head at the thought.

Knowing that it was my ex who gave me the bat I would have by passed using it but now that a creep was in my house it might actually be useful. Well at least my ex boyfriend was good for something.

"What is it you want?" I asked as it was because of this stranger I exit the bathroom right after turning the shower off to hear shuffling in my house. That was when I slipped just as I was about to make my way downstairs almost breaking my neck in the process.

Fortunately it was my ass that was broken.

I received no answer for my previous question as all I got were sounds, my dog barking. Could my day get any worse?

Out of all the houses available why chose this one?

After I distinctly told Daniel it was over after I caught him cheating would he dare show his face here? That intruder better not be him or else he'd see how savage I really could be. It would be a really shame to flatten him with his very own bat.

Then again, my dog would never bark at Daniel...or maybe my dog was aware what he did. It was a female dog after all and she was a very smart girt.

"Daniel I told you, we are done!" I yelled as I came down the stairs and approached the source of the sound. Didn't he take no for an answer?

I froze, in my living room because there stood something I thought this country had overcome.

Something so unreal yet so real.

A zombie stood before me with my shredded dog in its hand while its blood was smeared all over its crooked face. It growled and I didn't even have time to blink as I remained stiff.

This could not be happening...This had to be a huge nightmare.

My living room was no longer my living room as I was now standing in Racoon city. Neither was I dressed in a white towel but I was wearing red and black like the night when I had just turned nineteen years old and went in search of my brother.

The age of my life that I was introduced to this hellish nightmare. That is years ago when life for me had changed.

Changed for the worst.

"Why is it everyone thinks ama get in trouble" I rolled my eyes as I placed the phone back to it's rightful place. My cheeks felt a bit puffy as I smiled, my hands on my hips.

My roommate insisted that I chose another time to visit my brother but the blonde would not even begin to understand just how much I missed my older brother. I had not heard from him in a great amount of time, this was very unlike Chris.

My spell fell as I finally observed my surroundings deeply. The gas station was oddly quiet and dark, my brows moving a bit.

A hand rest on my shoulder and I was brought from the past immediately. I gasped as the smell of blood and flesh filled my nostrils roughly.

As if on cue I turned and swung my bat so hard something cracked and a female zombie fell at my feet. Her skull was fractured, her fingers curled painfully.

I looked to see that the zombie before me was approaching or zooming in on me rather. I looked to see that my bat was no longer a whole, my toes touching the hoodie of the zombie that disfigured my bat.

I was now holding half of the wooden bat, my free hand trying to keep the towel firm on my body. Absolutely great, my weapon was destroyed!

I was thrown to the floor by the anxious zombie as it tried to give me the kiss of death.

"I don't think so buddy!" I fumed as I tried so hard to shove the creature away from me but it was a bit stubborn. It didn't even blink as it was still trying to bite my face off; eyes white as snow and it's teeth stained with blood.

"Ugh! Get off me!" I spat as I placed more muscle into the effort this time.

I failed so I turned my head away from the zombie who tried so desperately to bite me. That's when my eyes caught a sharp piece of the bat next to 'miss dead zombie'.

There was an issue however, the issue was I'd have to stretch really hard to get it. By then one out of two things could happen; the zombie bite my head off or I can pull my arm apart in trying to get it.

This sucked.

"Just flipping great! " I exclaimed knowing that option was no longer an option. I had to think of something better.

I really needed to get out of this mess and fast!

Hello everyone. So there goes the first chapter. Daniel which is Claire's ex boyfriend is my charter and you'll get more from him in latter chapters.

The story takes place right after resident evil two which was centered around Racoon city.
This is my first time at doing a zombie story so please don't judge :( Hope you guts like it and feel free to comment and vote 😊😊😊