Chapter Twenty five- Tackle with the G virus

🎶Clarity🎶

Claire's POV

"My feet are tired, will we ever stop walking ?" Sherry complained for the fifth time. I looked at her.

"You see that building right there, that's what we are heading for and we are almost there" I told Sherry as I pointed.

"Why lie to the child, honey that building isn't as close as it seem" Ada stated and now I hated her straightforwardness now more than anything. I gave her a look, she just had to be a mood killer.

"What? She's sixteen not four, she'd realize it eventually reds" Ada stated with a shrugged, striding on as though her feet were made of iron. 

Leon stopped next to Sherry, crouching.

"Climb onto my back, we have a great distance to cover and your legs won't carry you" he told Sherry. I stared at Leon in awe, he arched a brow, catching my srare. I looked away shyly.

I was just picturing him as a father.

Jill look at Chris with a smile, batting her lashes and he growled. "Thanks alot Kennedy" he state directing a harsh glare at Leon. He then crouched and Jill hopped onto his back.

Ada smiled at me and I gave her look.
"Oh hell no" I stated as I walked on, stepping over disarranged corpse.

"Please be aware guys, these things enjoy giving surprises" Christopher stated.

"Don't you think we know that?" Ada hissed, now leading the group. I wondered if she would have a problem if I jumped on her back, her legs seemed quite strong.

Then it came, two zombies coming towards us but we were quite swift. I shot one and Ada shot the other, both falling harshly.

"See?" Ada threw at Chris who ignored her by holding his head straight.

"Shit..." Sherry remarked and we all looked behind us, well all but Ada of course. My eyes widen and Chris and Leon set the girls down immediately.

"Ada" Jill yelled and the woman faced us with a frown.

"What is..." She then froze upon seeing it. "Fuck" she swore.

"Everybody move" Leon state taking my hand , ensuring everyone was before him. The creature growled as it now spotted us, heavy footsteps sounding as it ran towards us.

Sherry froze up, staring at the creature. I stopped running, taking her hand.

"Sherry we need to go" I state but her eyes were blank. She was reliving the trauma of Racoon City.

Her father was too infected by the very same virus, killing his own wife. He was after Sherry too but I had saved her, this was something the poor girl had to live with.

"Sherry!" I stated harder than before and she looked at me, her eyes moist. Leon was firing at the creature, giving us time to run.

Having no more patience Leon threw his gun to me, taking up the frozen girl.

"Run!" He yelled and without stalling futher I ran, firing at a few Zombies who came at us.

"This is straight bullshit" Ada hissed, her breathing short as she ran. Well I guess she wasn't made of iron after all.

"Everyone inside that building!" Leon stated and we headed into the direction he suggested.

*****

"You've got to be kidding me...we should have taken the elevator" Ada hissed as we approached another set of stairs.

"At this point the elevator would be too risky" Leon stated and Chris made the first move, leading the way with his gun raised.

"Let's move, you know once that thing sees us it won't stop coming" Christopher stated with Jill falling behind him, her gun raised also. Sherry followed and so did Ada.

I then followed behid Ada, my gun also raised as Leon wasn't far behind me.

After making that stairs we met upon another and Ada growled. "This story will never end!" She complained.

"Keep moving, we only have about ten set of stairs left" Leon stated as though that should give us the urge to continue.

When we finally reached the top of the building we  held our knees, all but Leon of course. My knees felt like jelly and it felt as though I was still climbing those stairs.

Leon's radio came on. "Kennedy do you read me. Over" the voice called and Leon placed the device close to his lips.

"Kennedy here. Over" he answered as we heard the sound of a helicopter approaching. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

We were finally saved.

As soon as the copter lowered, the doors opened to reveal two men wearing black. I was hesitant but when Leon spoke I knew these were agents and not umbrella's men.

"Stanley take the girl" he stated as he lifted Sherry and one of the men helped her get into the copter.

Chris then hell Jill to get in but she held onto him. "Im not leaving you, we go in together!" She told him being stubborn as usual.

Chris gave the agent a look and Jill was dragged inside immediately. Leon then lifted me up and my eyes widened. Now it was my turn to be stuborn.

"Leon why couldn't Ada go first?" I asked as someone pulled me in. Leon looked above me.

"Strap her in, she's stubborn" Leon ordered and the guy who brought me in did just that. There was then a monster like cry and my eyes widened as I looked at what was now on the top of the building.

Drawing it's claw onto the building after fully climbing over the creature stood, that familar red eye in its arm finding us. Leon grabbed Ada immediately, tossing her into the arm of one of the agents as though she was paper.

The helicopter was then taken a bit higher and away from the building. When I panicked and try to free myself the soilder prevented me from doing so.

"Chris! leon!" Jill and I yelled as we saw that Chris was sent flying by the claw of the monster. His body went limp and Leon fired, diverting the monsters attention to him.

It worked as the monster came after him as he ran. "I'm the bait, get him" Leon yelled as one of the agent, the one called Stanley came down, landing on three fingers.

He then ran to Chris, throwing his unconscious frame over him. "Hurry" the other soilder yelled as he the copter lowered. He took Chris before helping his companion up.

They then looked to Leon who gave them a look. A grenade was then thrown to Leon and he caught it while he fired.

I stared in confusion as I had finally managed to unfasten my seatbelt. I was then held by Stanley as the door of the helicopter closed. I stared in horror.

"You're just going to leave him!" I yelled as I tried to shrug free. I was forced back to my seat and fasten in.

"We were given an order. I'm sorry" Stanley stated and I shook my head with watery eyes. They could have helped him.

I could have helped him...I sobbed in my hands. Why did he make such a stupid decision! Small hands hugged me and I looked at Sherry. Ada gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

Jill gave sad me a look as she held onto Chris's unconscious frame.

Again, why?

I feel so bad for Claire ;( She watched Leon sacrifice himself in order to save her brother and them all.

Until the next chapter guys. Vote and comment please 😊😊😊😊