She swears

"So you guys have made this whole rule thingy?" Melanie asked as she sipped on her tea. 

"Yeah, something like that," Elina replied, leaning back onto the chair. The two were currently sitting in Kendricks Cafe and catching up. "Don't you have to work right now, Mel?"

Melanie glared at her and then pinched her arm. "Do you see anyone here?" she asked, as she gestured the whole room. Elina pointed to an elderly couple waiting for someone to take their order. 

"Goddamn it," Mel said as she got up. 

"Mel, also my iced mocha. With ice cream. And whipped cream. And a str-"

"Strawberry on top. I know, I know. Now you wait over here while I take their order. I get off in like fifteen minutes, okay?" Mel said as she downed her tea quickly and rushed to the couple. Elina smiled at the sight and then looked out of the window. 

Twenty minutes later, the two girls were walking down to Melanie's house, as Melanie munched on her sandwich. On reaching her house, Melanie pulled out her keys and unlocked the door. 

"Welcome to my humble abode," she said, as they stepped into the house.

Elina removed her shoes and placed them in the shoe rack. They plopped onto the sofa and switched on the radio.

Havana - Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug

"What's wrong?" Elina asked as Melanie sighed.

"I just really miss you, man," she said, looking at Elina. "And I know it's weird saying that considering the fact that you are right next to me, but we hardly have time to do anything anymore. Life is just so..."

"Monotonous?" Elina completed.

"Exactly. See? You get me. This is why we are best friends," she said as she hugged Elina tightly, almost strangling her. "Anyway," she said, loosening her grip and looking at Elina. "Things are going to change now. Last year was like the beginning. Now suddenly we have a bunch of new friends and everything and this year is way more hectic than the first. I just feel really lonely, you know?" she said, smiling sadly.

"Yeah, I get that..." Elina said. "Listen, Dan and I are going clubbing this Friday, most likely. Do you want to come?"

"Wait. What? He asked you on a date already?!" Melanie squealed. "Damn, he's straight-forward."

"What?! No. It's not a date, my love. It's just a hang out," Elina said. Melanie just cocked an eyebrow at her. 

"Just a hang out? I don't think so. Clubbing means hot, sweaty bodies pressed up against each other," she said, as she pulled Elina off the sofa and brought her body close to hers. Elina laughed as Melanie wrapped Elina's arms around her neck. 

"Some hip movement," Melanie continued as she swayed her hips, making Elina do the same. 

"Some eye contact," she said as her green eyes playfully looked into Elina's brown ones and slowly moved to the beat.

As the chorus kicked in, Elina took the lead and pumped to the music. Her hair flicked across her face as she whipped her head. Her hands pulled Melanie's face dangerously closer and she mouthed the last words of the song and ended it by pushing Mel away seductively. 

The song ended and Elina laughed in happiness, while Melanie stared at her, shocked. 

"I am so turned on right now," she said, staring at Elina.

"Oh my God, Mel," Elina laughed, as she plopped back down on the sofa.

"No, seriously. What the hell?! How did you do that? Have you ever had dancing classes?" she asked, as she sat beside Elina.