Meteor and Tea Break

A/N: The scene is set after Sylvan and Ronet have been married for three years. They are happy in their relationship, but are upset over a few things, which they went to couples' counselling for. One of the issues is that Sylvan thought Ronet was spending too much time playing video games, and not enough time with Sylvan. The compromise that the couple came to, was that when Sylvan returned home, Ronet would save his game as soon as he could, and then go out to relax and chat with his husband for half an hour.

For context, Ronet is a video game designer, and Sylvan is a cartoonist.

"Yo, Ronet, are you playing Meteor again?" Sylvan grumbled as he pushed their bedroom door open.

It took a moment for Ronet to muster up the willpower to pause his game. He turned around. "Hey, Sylvan."

"Hey...," Sylvan said with his arms across his chest and a scowl on his face.

Sylvan was gorgeous as usual, with something immaculate and also cool and lithe about him. Ronet's husband was like a pane of ice, except with all that crystalline beauty and none of that coldness. Even when he was being mad and "cold," Sylvan was always so hot.

Ronet began in a soft voice, "Um, what about Meteor do you want to talk about?"

Sylvan unfolded his arms and started to gesture wildly. "It's just so-primitive, you know?"

"Primitive?" Ronet said with an eyebrow raised. "How so? The graphics are spectacular, the gameplay is sophisticated, and the character designs are first rate!"

Sylvan raised his hands in a "let me talk before you interrupt" gesture. "You're not getting what I mean."

"You've got to be a bit more explicit than that," Ronet said. "As our couples' therapist said, I'm only human. I can't read your mind."

"Of course you can't read my mind. But I thought you would understand," said Sylvan, with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

"Can't you just explain it?" Ronet said, becoming more annoyed.

"I was just about to do so!" Sylvan said, pouting and scoffing. And he proceeded to tell Ronet all that he thought were the faults of Meteor.

Ronet snorted. "Did you know that many of the things you complained about, are precisely what's happening in our latest video game projects?"

Sylvan sucked in air through his teeth. "Seriously?" He threw up his hands, seeming both exasperated and powerless.

After a moment's pause, Ronet said, "Sylvan, why don't you wait a bit outside? I'll be done in less than a minute."

Sylvan glared at him. "So you're shooing me out of our room right now, huh?" Despite the hardness of his words, Sylvan slipped out of their bedroom and closed the door without slamming it. Ronet smiled with affection inside.

Indeed, after half a minute, Ronet saved the game, closed his 3DS, and scooted out to the living room.

Sylvan was sitting on their sofa, doodling on a sketchpad with a blue wax crayon. Ronet attempted to peek at his husband's drawing without casting a shadow on the paper and startling Sylvan.

It was an illustration of a very cute and lively creature who resembled a fox.

Playfully, Ronet stretched out and waved a hand in front of his husband's eyes.

"Ah!" Sylvan cried out. "Ronet! Now my picture's ruined." He frowned up at Ronet.

The picture wasn't ruined at all, in Ronet's opinion. It was still beautiful, adorable, and expressive, just like Sylvan himself.

Regardless, Sylvan shut his sketchbook and smiled. "So, what do you want to have today?"

The husbands strode to the kitchen together. Ronet chose hot cocoa, while Sylvan made himself a cup of honeyed tea.

As per their custom, the boys brought their drinks out to the sofas in the living room, relaxed with their tea and hot cocoa, and chatted about their day.