Chapter 32

Three years skip...

Jordyn POV

"Jordyn Chancellor, Marketing." The dean of the school announces. I get up and walk across the stage. I then shake his hand. "Congratulations."

I go to the middle of the stage and pause for pictures. Once I counted to five, I lifted my degree in the air. Finally, I'm done with school. I hear cheers from the crowd, mainly from the section with my family and Paige.

I go back to my seat and wait for the rest of the students to get their diploma. Once it was finally over, I got the feeling of accomplishment. I finished college and it's something no one can ever take away from me.

I met my family outside the building. I receive hugs from my mom and Mr. Hartley (my dad). Alexis and Jake were there with my handsome nephew Ashton. After giving them all hugs I wrap my arms around Callie.

"Next semester this will be you." I give her words of encouragement.

Callie didn't graduate this semester like she should have because she took a semester off after the miscarriage. I don't blame her at all. It is incredible that she didn't give up school completely. She hit a rough patch and was depressed, but she came out of it stronger.

In a way, it shows her what type of guy Derek is when it comes to their relationship. He ended up disappearing after. He let Callie go through it alone. A couple months after the miscarriage he tried to come back around, but Callie wasn't having it. If she did consider it there was no way any of us was going to let her pursue a relationship with him again. He ended up moving to Spokane after he graduated.

Callie has a new guy in her life. She just started dating him a couple of months ago, but so far so good.

Anyways back to the hug. "Where did Paige go?" I look around and realize she isn't anywhere to be found.

"She had a phone call and said she had to go." Alexis answers.

Who would call her that would make her leave my graduation? I walk to my car with Callie. We head back to our rented house. We are supposed to go out to our hometown, but I want to see if Paige is at our place. I thought she was coming with me.

When we got there, I was bummed to see Paige wasn't here. I run inside to see if I can find any indication on where she might be.

Callie follows along.

"Why would she disappear like that?" I ask, getting frustrated.

"Maybe it was important." Callie makes an excuse for her.

"I have been her girlfriend for how long?" I take my phone out and call her. The phone rings once and goes to her voicemail. "Now she is ignoring my calls."

I let out an aggravated sigh. We walk back to the car and head to my mom's house.

"Do you think Paige is the one?" Callie asks me out of nowhere.

"Yes." I answered confidently even though she vanished at my graduation and is now dodging my calls. "I can feel it when I'm around her. I still get that fluttery feeling I felt the first time we kissed."

"Do you ever think about how things might have been different if you guys didn't have that one class together?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, I do. If we weren't partners for that assignment, we could still be enemies. I could still have a bad relationship with Alexis also."

Callie stopped with the questions, and it left me with a question.

"Why are you suddenly curious?"

I look at Callie. I can tell she knows something that she is not telling me.

"No reason." She claims.

That's a lie.

"Callie what is it?" I start to feel a panic. "Is she going to break up with me?"

"I said no reason." She repeats.

I keep my mouth shut as a hundred thoughts fly through my head. What if she went off to see another girl? Maybe she doesn't feel the same about me. I feel a knot forming in my stomach and have the urge to pull over.

We finally reached the exit to get off to our hometown. I pull off and start driving through town. I pulled into the driveway and Paige's vehicle wasn't here.

It's late, where is she?

I pull my phone out and try calling Paige again. It goes straight to voicemail. I start walking to the front door.

Before I turned the knob, I turned to tell Callie something, but she disappeared.

Where did she go? What is going on?

I opened the door and my eyes went to the ground. There are rose petals all over the place with candles lit up.

There is a sign pointing towards the back of the house.

"Follow the roses."

The writing on the board is Paige's. I could tell that from miles away.

I follow the trail of roses to the back door. I hit the back lights to turn on and that's when my heart stops. The back deck is covered in rose petals and candles.

Once I'm out there Paige appears with a guitar in her hand. She comes up to me with a smile and takes my hand. She walks me over to the porch swing.

"Sit down." She instructs me.

Paige sits on a chair that is out here. She scoots it closer to me. The back lights turn off and white Christmas lights turn on.

My heart is beating so fast. Paige starts playing the guitar and she starts to serenade me.

-This is my love song to you Let every woman know I'm yours So you can fall asleep each night, babe and know I'm dreaming of you more

You're always hoping that we make it You always want to keep my gaze Well you're the only one I see and that's the one thing that won't change

I'll never stop trying I'll never stop watching as you leave I'll never stop losing my breath Every time I see you looking back at me I'll never stop holding your hand I'll never stop opening your door I'll never stop choosing you babe I'll never get used to you

And with this love song to you It's not a momentary phase You are my life, I don't deserve you But you love me just the same And as the mirror says we're older I will not look the other way You are my life, my love, my only And that's the one thing that won't change

I'll never stop trying I'll never stop watching as you leave

I'll never stop losing my breath Every time I see you looking back at me I'll never stop holding your hand I'll never stop opening your door I'll never stop choosing you babe I'll never get used to you

Still get my heart racing (you) Still get my heart racing (for you) Still get my heart racing (you) Still get my heart racing (for you)

I'll never stop trying I'll never stop watching as you leave, I'll never stop losing my breath Every time I see you looking back at me, I'll never stop holding your hand I'll never stop opening your door

I'll never stop choosing you babe I'll never get used to you

Still get my heart racing (you) -

I have tears running out of my eyes as she finishes the song. The love I feel is so indescribable.

Paige stands up to set the guitar down. She reaches out for my hand and helps me off the porch swing.

I watch as she reaches for her pocket then goes down on one knee.

"Jordyn Chancellor, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I say through tears. Paige stands up and wraps her arms around me. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."