Chapter 27: Proof

Chapter 27: Proof

"Taking your time whenever you want eh?" I stopped walking and found the prince leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

"I don't remember any duty that was assigned to me." I retaliated.

"Part of your job description was to be with me. I never saw you the whole day."

"But that doesn't mean I must be with you all the time. Besides, today is a free week right?"

"And where have you been my dear guardian who's two years younger than me? Not to mention someone who lacks the skills needed." He asked in an edgy manner while he laid his arm over my shoulder like how the bullies starts to threaten their victim.

"That's none of your business." I removed his arm on my shoulder and continued walking.

"I assume it must be something more important than doing your effin job." He continued to bother me. He's not giving up is he?

"Yes! Your Higness. It was indeed something important." I replied exasperatedly.

"I bet you have been meeting a dame or someone to your liking."

I just rolled my eyes from his incriminating questions. He's treating me like I've secretely killed someone.

"Now where would you be going my dear guardian?" He asked without grinned.

"Like I said, it's none of your business." I tried to dismiss him but he cornered me on the wall while his hands were beside my head.

"The heck is my business! When I ask you, you should answer." His voice was now cold and his stare was stern.

I took a gulped and decided to answer him.

"I'm going to Matteo's room." I replied almost like a whisper. I knew how much he despised me in him company.

A lopsided grin appeared on his serious face and I immediately knew that I was facing devil.

"Riiiight. I should've known. And why would that be? Are you perhaps engaging in some sort of relationship taboo?" I shook my head trying to comprehend how stupid he is.

"I would never understand why you would even think of our relationship like that. He is simply my friend and he needs my help." I stand with what I believe and I would never let this monster give malice to our friendship.

"If he's your friend then what am I?"

"We're simply acquainted because I'm doing my job." He seems to be appalled by my statement that I instantly regretted my choice of words once I remembered all the times that he was indeed a caring human being.

"If that's the case then I would gladly accompany you to your friend." His monotoned voice seems to show that his zest was greatly reduced. He started to walk but I didn't move.

"I thought we're gonna see your friend, my humble guardian?" He sneered.

"That doesn't mean I'm inviting you to come with me."

"No. I insist." He got this smile on his face but it's not a friendly one. I shrugged and started to walk. I heard the sound of his boots behind me and it's making me squirmish since I can't see his facial reaction and I can already feel his piercing stare. I'm certain he's planning something.

When we got to Mattheo's room, I tried to open the door but it's locked. I looked behind me but he has this dead look in his eyes.

I tried to knock but no one opened the door.

"Mattheo?" I asked. Nobody replied but I heard some noises inside. "I know somebody's in there!"

"It seems like your 'friend' doesn't want to see you." The prince suggested with sarcasm.

"It's you isn't it? This is all your doing!" I blatantly blamed him.

He just shrugged his shoulders and replied cooly. "You have no proof to accuse me of that."

I squinted my eyes and pointed at him before leaving him. I have this feeling that he's behind all this. Whatever proof he needs I'll find it.