- instagram

kjapa, lilireinhart and 1,473,999 liked this photo

adrianna : hey, it's Adelaide, on Adrianna's Instagram. I know that people will trash me and spread rumors about me for 'leaking' something personal about Adrianna, but as her best friend, I know very well she would like me to address something like this to the world. So in Adri's words, I will say;

Since my breakup with my boyfriend for 4 years (S), it's been very hard. I lived with my brother's girlfriend, T, for a year to recover. I'd been under the media's eye for almost my whole life and with that comes a lot of great things, but also consequences. When my boyfriend of four years and I announced our breakup, I didn't know the whole meaning behind it. It wasn't until he decided to come clean after A YEAR, that he cheated. You may be thinking, everyone cheats? But he lied to my face for THREE YEARS in our relationship and that affected me emotionally, socially and physically. I wanted to kill myself, but my best friend, A and my brother stopped me from doing so.

My brother's girlfriend suggested I move in with her in New York to start a new life and I eventually did. I went to see a therapist, I went to group sessions. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, something the world sees an aesthetic. But here's the thing, depression and anxiety is a serious illness. It affects mainly our youth of today because of many things, but mostly because other people chose to emotionally hurt their "friends" around them. It's deemed attractive and that's where things need to end. It is not attractive, rather an imperfect flaw I  and many others have to live with. We didn't choose to be depressed or be filled with anxiety.

But recently, I've come to terms that I have to accept my flaws. I started releasing new music, I started to find myself again. But because of my anxiety, it's been hard to trust the people around me.

When I found the boy that I thought I loved, I thought that everything was going to be okay now. He accepted me, he loved me through and through, he never judged me. But I guess I was wrong. I don't want to blame him for anything, rather, thank him. He actually made me feel true love again. But, humans will be humans and as being human, we always crave for something new. I guess that's what he was craving; someone new.

I will never know what life holds for me anymore, who I'll spend the rest of my life with and what will happen.

And for my fans, my family, the one who's always with me through tough times and happy times. I love you. I'm serious. I give you my heart and all, forever and always.

- Adrianna.

--

a/n: this story just got so deep, i'm sorry. -ree