NEW EDITION On the Team

s/o again to everyone who knows the words in all caps mean :)

reedited: 11/14/2020 

Cassie's POV

"Why'd you bring him, Benny?" Bertram questioned. Benny decided to let Small's play, but I wasn't the one complaining, the rest of the boys were handing out their opinions. 

"Now that there's 9 of you guys out on the diamond that means he can take Cassie's stop at left field." Benny reasoned. 

"Come on, Benny man, he ain't game and you saw the way he threw." Kenny said.

"Well, either way it's fine, you guys, and plus I need the extra practice!" Benny said. Here we go again.

"You need the extra practice?" I spoke up making them looking at me. "Benny, you're the best one on the team. I need the extra practice, you don't." 

"She's right, you know," Bertram agreed with me. "She makes a good point, you know. Besides Cassie, you're the best hitter on our team." 

"Thanks, Bertram." I smiled at him. 

"Come on, Benny man, the kid is an L-7 weenie!" Squints said making an L-7 with his fingers.

"Yeah-yeah, Oscar Meyer even, footlong, dodger dog, a weenie!" Yeah-Yeah and all of the guys started laughing at the joke.

"What are you laughing at, Yeah-Yeah?" Benny glared at him.

"Dude, you run like a duck!" I said back, making the other guys laugh. 

"Kk, but Im-im-" He suttered.

"-part of the game, right?" Benny interrupted, putting him back in his place. 

"Yeah," Yeah-Yeah sighed.

"Then how come he doesn't get to be?" They can be stubborn at times but you just have to keep them in place.

"Man, base up, block heads!" Benny said as everyone took their places out on the field. 

"Oh, um, Smalls, take left center." I said to him. Smalls ran to take his position.

"Here?" He asked.

"Move a little there," I said moving my hand where he's suppose to go. "Ok, there!"

"Thanks Cassie!" Smalls smiled.

"No problem, kid!" I smile back.

---

After watching Benny teach Smalls how to catch and throw a ball, Benny tried one more time, and spit on the ball for good luck. "Smalls! Throw it to second!" Benny shouted. I looked over at Smalls saying something to himself. 

"You think it's gonna work?" I asked Benny. 

"I'm hoping this does." Benny hit the ball to Smalls and Smalls finally caught it. Holy crap! He caught it! Smalls caught the ball. I looked over to the guys who had a shocked look on their faces and  Squints wiping his glasses making sure the it was real.