38. Sai Darshan in Whitefield - May 1998

Sai Didn’t Look at Me

May 7, 1998

Kotagiri

Dear Parents,

Jnaneswari took Vinamra, Lakshmi and me to Bangalore city from 1-6th May. She wanted to see one old devotee there. Hearing that Sai returned from Kodai Kanal on the 3rd night, I ran there on 4th morning, staying with Vidya in her outside flat. 4th morning I got line 19 out of 22, but was third back in the last enclosure and Swami came and talked to a foreigner in front row, right in front of me! It was a happy and thrilling Darshan but no, He didn’t look at me.

That evening Jnaneswari came with Vinamra and Lakshmi, who were eager for Swami’s Darshan and also never saw Whitefield before. We sat for bhajan then got a room for the night, due to Jnaneswari telling high-up friends, in the compound. Due to it being a room given with VIP influence, they didn’t even ask for my passport - good thing because I had left it in Kotagiri, besides my visa expired on 2 May with still no extension received from Kakinada!

Next morning (5 May), we were placed in front row (several times, mean volunteers, recognizing me, stopped me, not believing I was in their group!), however in a section which Swami did not come to! Anyway, He passed the nearby isle and we had nice Darshan, about 7 feet away, although again He didn’t look at any of us.

After Darshan we returned to the city, then 6th morning took the 7-hour train ride to Coimbatore and was picked up by the ashram van for the 2 ½ ride to Kotagiri.

Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu.

Love,

Divya