Chapter 3

Tom was smirking in her direction. After all, he had successfully made Alexa oblige to his wishes. She was sitting right there, on the Hufflepuff table in the great hall, very awkwardly if he might add. Her discomfort was clearly visible. Her plate was still untouched. Every once in a while she would look around herself. She would straighten her posture, run her left hand through her dark bangs. In spite of trying to be as casual as she could, but she was failing very miserably.

As if sensing eyes on her she looked at Slytherin table. Her eyes locked with the culprit himself. They narrowed automatically, increasing Tom's smirk. She was glaring daggers at him. If only looks could kill the boy who was sitting across would have been dead a very long time ago. If only. However, his response was not limited only to that stupid smirk. He looked into her eyes deeply. Mischief was written all over his face. Then suddenly he closed his right eye, living his left eye open. Her eyes widened. Did he wink at her?

Not trusting herself, she looked away instantly. Her cheeks and neck were gaining colour. Tom's smirk was now wide enough to split his face into two. It was so easy to make her uncomfortable. Forcing his victims into doing something against their wishes was his hobby. He developed that in Wool's orphanage. Their discomfort was dearer to him. Watching her he reminisced about their earlier encounter,

*flashback*

"No. I like sweetheart way more." He said. His eyes were challenging her to disobey him.

She glared at him, shaking furiously. She was trying to free her hands from his strong grasp. Her struggle was fueling him to tighten his hold more.

"Stop wasting your energy sweetheart. You won't be leaving this closet without giving me the answers." He sighed as if it was him who was suffering in that situation. His warm breath was still hitting her face.

She narrowed her eyes more. "I won't be giving you the bloody answers unless you give me my personal space Riddle," she said through her gritted teeth.

"Do you want to powder your teeth or something?" he asked her casually.

Once again she realized she had no choice but to oblige. "Fine. Let's finish this off."

His eyes twinkled. "Good. So, a metamorphmagus, huh?"

She nodded her head.

His smirk was replaced by a smile. She was the first metamorphmagus he encountered. He still remembered how intrigued he was when he came to know that there were some magical creatures who could change their appearances at their will without any potion or spell, but he was heartbroken on learning that they were born, not made. He read about them in his third year but never met them in person. Suddenly his mischievous side took over. "When I first met you, your eyes, they were violet. I know that it is the colour of love. Does this mean you are in love with me, sweetheart?"

Alexa, who was by now somewhat relaxed, looked like she was struck by lightning. Her cheeks were once again turning red. "Of course not! They are my original eyes." She shook her head vigorously. Her bangs were hitting her face in the process. Tom found this act adorable.

"Then why are they brown now?" he asked curiously.

"Uh... You see, violet eyes are unusual. It attracts people," she mumbled.

"So?" he asked encouraging her to say more.

"Um... I don't like attention," she replied shyly.

He looked at her as if she was stupid. Then maybe she was. She had those magnificent eyes, and yet she wants to hide them? Unbelievable.

"Why did you run away the other day?" he asked.

"I was panicked."

Tom was looking at her. Trying to figure her out. She was a loner. She was shy and by now, he was sure she was the most awkward girl he had come across. Also from his potion's classes, he knew she was terrible at them, but she was a metamorphmagus. One of the rarest magical creatures. And she had hidden very successfully, he had to give her that. She was uncomfortable in crowds. Not like he cared. He was a boy who wanted to rule the world of wizards. He was a boy who wanted to control them all. And that included her as well. He wanted to rule her, to control her, but for that, he needed to keep an eye on her first. So he proposed,

"Okay then. For now, you can go." With that, he let go of her hands. He pulled back, only to be felt cold, but he ignored it. Alexa took this opportunity to reach for her wand, that she usually placed in the belt around her waist. She wanted to curse him so bad, to hex him, anything that would make her feel better. She found her belt void. Where was her wand?

He was about to open and leave the closet when he replied to her unasked question.

"Cursing someone on their back is low, sweetheart."

It wasn't difficult for her to figure out where her wand was.

"Give me my wand Riddle," she demanded, her eyes blazing with the fire once again.

"I will give that to you in tomorrow's class, only if you eat your today's dinner in the great hall." He turned to look at her with his smirk still in its place. Without giving her a chance to reply, he added, "See you in the evening sweetheart."

*End of flashback*

Tom chuckled as he remembered how red she had turned. Her black hairs were on the fire by the time he had left her in that closet. He couldn't wait to meet her the next day.

~*~

Please vote and comment.

Thank you all!!!