Chapter 26- R U Mine???

Song On The Side: Artic Monkeys- R U Mine (Love it)

“Noooo!” I fall to my knees and I swear I feel the familiar sting of tears in my eyes as reach with my hands for empty air. “Why must this happen?” my gaze connects with blue eyes across the room.

                “What is wrong with you?” Sammy shakes her head at me.

                “How can you be so calm? We were just about to find out how everybody got into this whole mess only for your dad to fall asleep,” I point as Mister Collins’s limp body. Sammy removes herself from her father’s side and places a small blanket over his body. I can see the small dark bags under his eyes from my current spot on the floor.

                “Because he’s here now, he’ll have the chance to tell us later but he needs to get better. For all of our sakes,” she grumbles the last part under her breath. I look at her questioningly and she sighs while running a hand through her brown hair. She motions me closer to the door and I scramble myself up eagerly to at least get some answers.

                “Right now a lot of people think my dad is dead, that means somebody would have to take up the head of the gang,” I nod to show I’m following along. “Usually, it would be Drew ass the heir and first son, but since he’s gone someone else has to take up position. There are some bad people around there who’ll probably just cause a lot of problems,” she explains warily. I can see where the problems would come from, I mean, what would you do with so much power? Me, I’d probably pay to abduct Luke Hemmings or something, while we’re at it Matt Healy as well.

                “Can’t Drew step up now?” I question curiously.

                “No, last time we were at the house wasn’t pretty and by now I’m pretty sure a certain bastard took place,” her jaw tightens and her small fists clench at her sides in anger at whoever it is she’s thinking about. It reminds me of the look you get when you’re supposed to visit with those family members you’re supposed to act like you like them. I only had one of those, a distant family member whom I dreaded seeing all the time.

                “You must really hate him,” I remark as she opens the door to the room, she gives her dad one last glance before stepping out and I follow suit. I make sure the digital box is locked and push some coats hanging in the closet to cover anything that might be in sight. Sammy opens the door an inch, watching for anything out there before casually exiting the closet. My exit could’ve been as flawless if I didn’t trip on that one very convenient jacket that was lying around on the floor.

                “I’m okay,” I groan before getting up and shutting the door to the closet close. I have to remember to get Mister Collins something to eat later.

                “Coordination just skipped you in genetics, huh?” Sammy jokes. It might be a joke to her but sadly, that is my life. An uncoordinated mess of fandoms.

                “Yes, Kohl got the coordination while I received the wit and charismatic sense of humor,” I nod with an overly dramatic sigh. She laughs before heading over to the kitchen. I follow after and take the cold can of soda she gives me before taking a seat on the stool.

                “So, if Drew were to take up his father’s place, what would happen then?” I’m like a cat, the curiosity will literally kill me. There’s a nagging part of me that wonders what would happen if Drew were to be reinstated into his family’s gang.