epilogue

'Thanatophobia;

'Thanatophobia;

The fear of losing someone you love'

||||

The wind ruffled Harry's already messy hair as he stared at the sky across the shore of the Black Lake; he had just managed to escape the whispering crowds of Hogwarts students, avoiding their stares. Although he may look like he was admiring the school grounds from under a tree next to a lake, he was a raging storm inside his head.

Adeline was Voldemort's daughter. Adeline was Voldemort's daughter. Adeline was Voldemort's daughter.

Before he was sent to the Hospital wing the previous day, Dumbledore had brought Harry into his office to explain the events that had occurred, especially with Adeline, who was not able to attend, for she had fallen unconscious after arriving back at Hogwarts, and was currently in the Hospital Wing, having not woken up yet.

Dumbledore had explained most of the happenings, though after Harry had told as many details as possible without breaking down. For instance, Adeline had successfully broken free of the monster, for she wasn't of age for it to fully build up and be its absolute magical ability; in other words, it was weak. She had broken out of it also because the only thing that can conquer that kind of evil is love; trust. Her thoughts were apparently full of that: she had been taking Harry's advice, which was to think of good memories when you're scared.

It saved her life.

Unexplainably, Dumbledore somehow already knew of her origins; that she was no normal witch. He knew she was made of Dark magic. He said that the 'magical-looking knife' (as Harry described it) Pettigrew used on Adeline was one that wouldn't spill blood, for her blood was too precious to be spilt; the spell he used that seemed to cut only her tights was a spell that wouldn't break skin.

Apparently, she needed as much magic in her as possible, for only then could her monster reach its full potential; it was in her blood. Harry had asked 'Why can't you just get the magic out so she won't be able to turn into the monster?' but Dumbledore had replied that it's all over her; in every single drop of her blood. He said that if they were to do that, she would most certainly die. They'd have to take out all her blood, after all.

This was information Harry would not forget, but he was confused on what he felt towards Adeline. He trusted her but she turned out to be a monster...Voldemort's daughter... And yet he still saved her, because his heart still trusts her; because the memories he had with her are too pure for her to really be that evil.

Dumbledore said that she would've been somewhat stuck in her mind; unable to take control of her actions and words. He said she had passed out for it was too much for her mind to handle; she was being possessed by herself, which did not make much sense to Harry, but it also did. So really, it wasn't her fault.

And as she sat down next to him at the Black Lake, interrupting his thoughts temporarily, he just didn't know. Should he really trust her? She didn't say anything, but sat with him in silence, obviously having come from the Hospital Wing.

If he trusts her, he could get hurt; what if that monster takes over her again and hurts people? What if she has some sort of connection to Voldemort and is really on his side? What if the monster comes out at random times?

But then again, if he doesn't trust her, how would she feel? Her best friend abandoning her for something she was born into? Something she couldn't help? If he doesn't trust her, she won't trust him and he won't be able to protect her like Dumbledore and his heart want him to. He won't be able to find out, for himself and Dumbledore, how she really ended up in the Black Lake.

||||

Should I trust Harry? She thought, sitting next to him in silence by the Black Lake.

If she did trust him, the monster side to her would know, and wind up hurting him. If she didn't trust him, he wouldn't trust her, which meant they wouldn't be friends, which means she'd be all alone.

If she trusted him, would she wind up getting hurt?

If he trusted her, would he be able to get over the fact that her father killed his parents, since it wasn't actually her fault?

If they trusted eachother, would it be a win, or a lose?

If they trusted eachother, would they benefit from it?

If they trusted eachother, would it be worth it?

And as they both had no answer to the last question, Adeline didn't protest as Harry stood up and left her alone, walking back up to the castle; since it was the last day of school, with Cedric's funeral being before they leave, they wouldn't see eachother until fifth year started.

If they didn't trust eachother, would everything be as it was, or would the world crumble from under their feet?