Chapter 3

Camden began to cry, and I didn't understand why. I fed him, burped him, he wasn't wet.

I wasn't sure what the problem was. I bounced him on my knee, and Karlie handed me his pacifier.

I gave him his pacifier, and looked at my watch. No I didn't have anywhere to be it was just time was always of the essence for me. Soon I was told to go to the back.

I was seated in a conference room with the kids. Then a tall dark, and handsome man just strolled in the room. He was fine. I mean he was tall looked like he had the body of a god up under that dark gray suit that he was wearing so well. He had low cute wavy dark brown hair, and a chiseled face with high cheekbones that made him look even godlier.

"Yes hi Ms. Jefferson, I'm Jacob L. Wright. How are you today?" he said extending his hand.

"Wonderful, thank you" I said shaking his hand.

"So you're here to see about your mother's will correct" he said taking a seat in front of me.

"Yes sir" I said.

"I'm very sorry for your loss Ms. Jefferson" he said.

"Thanks" I said. Anyway so he read me the will, and discussed her finances and all that. According to her will she left me and the kids her house. She also left a little over six thousand dollars for each child to receive once they hit eighteen. And according to Mr. Wright, by the time the kids hit eighteen the six thousand would probably double to a whopping total of twelve thousand dollars and some change for each child. Which was cool.

She left me a shocking lump sum of ninety-two thousand dollars not including bonds, and investments she made that she left to me. Wow I had no idea.

She left my brother some money, some investments. It was shocking to say the least. The thing that got me was she left me and the kids the house. And she clearly stated that in order to receive any of these funds, I must keep her house, and the kids. I did not want to live in the house, and I was tempted to return these kids.

Call me selfish or whatever but goddamn this shit ain't right. So I was just up and abandon my lifestyle for this. Like move out my house, forget all my stuff, forget my lifestyle as single childless woman, and suddenly become mommy to some bastard children. Ain't this a bitch?

"You have any questions Ms. Jefferson" Mr. Wright asked.

"Not at all" I said.

"Ok if that's all, then I guess we can go now. Here's my card, that includes both my office and cell phone number. If you think of any questions once we depart or sometime further in the future, don't hesitate to call me. Take care, and you have a wonderful day" he said handing me a card.

"Yeah thanks you too" I said taking the card.

"Aunty Kay does this mean we get to move back to grandma's place" Karlie asked.

"Yes it does" I said as we left the office.

"Yes! That mean we can see Christina" Karlie said.

"What you mean" I said.

"Kristina lives next door to grandma's" Karlie said happily.

Oh hell no! No! You mean that bitch gonna be next door every damn day, checking in on me and shit like she my motherfucking parole officer or some shit. We can't stay there. No! Absolutely not!

"Next door like right next door?" I said.

"Yep yep!" Karlie said cheerfully.

"Damn!" I squealed. Anyway so we went shopping for basic stuff. I got the kids registered in school which basically took almost day, by the end of the day