16

"So what do you propose we do Mr. Rodriguez to celebrate our last night?" I asked him. "Let's go downstairs first I will see what we can do" he said. We got down he linked his arms with me.

"Are you hungry my love? Do you want to have dinner now or you want to do something else" he asked. "I am not that much hungry yet" I said faking a smile. "Then let's join other couples for a dance" he said. "I don't know how to dance" I said. "I will take care of that my love" he said as he led me towards the center of the hall.

I don't want to step onto his toes accidentally. "Don't think so much Miss. Davis" he said in my ears. His eyes were still scanning the room for something. I don't know what. He was still so conscious of his surroundings.

"Follow my lead Love" he said. His one hand wrapped around my waist. It made me shiver. Another one of his hand holds mine. He pulled me up a little so my feet were over his. I hold on to his shoulder for support.

He effortlessly glided across the room. It felt like I weight nothing. His eyes were locked with mine. No words were exchanged between us.

The music flowed softly into my ears. My heartbeat increased. I was bounded by a spell casted by him. Just for tonight can we forget the differences? Just for one night can we become real?

"Duck" he said as I heard a gunshot echoed throughout the place. It was followed by the screams and running people. "Are you alright?" he asked and I nodded. "They know I am here we need to leave now" he said.

"Ibrahim" he shouted as another gunshot followed. He took out a gun and handed it to me. "Ibrahim keep her safe" He said to the tall man who had appeared beside me. "But you? Aren't you coming?" I asked. "I will be alright now leave" he commanded.

Ibrahim took me towards the lobby. I can still hear the gunshots. "Will he be alright all alone there?" I asked Ibrahim. He is middle of all that all alone. He sent his only guard with me. How will he be alright? If anything happens to him.

No he will be alright. "This way my lady" Ibrahim said urging me to follow him. I gave one last longing look towards the hall and followed Ibrahim out of the hotel.

Once we were outside I cannot hear the gunshots anymore. "we are still not safe My lady when they will notice that he is alone they will search for you" Ibrahim said.

"why they will do that?" I asked. "You were with Saheb and you were supposed to be his fiancée. You know so much and you can easily become a problem" Ibrahim said in a grave tone. "you should protect him rather than me Ibrahim" I said. "Saheb said to protect you with my life my lady and I cannot go against his wish" Ibrahim said with finality in his voice.

He led me to outskirts of the city. He led me to an empty building. "Stay here inside of this building they will not search for you here" He said. "Ibrahim give me your spare sword" I said. "Why?" he asked. "Give it to me Ibrahim" I said in a cold voice. He didn't question and gave me his sword.

"Now go and save you saheb" I said in a commanding voice. "But he said" he started but I held my hand up in stopping him in middle. "I know what he said and I am not asking you I am commanding you as your lady" I said. "Yes my lady, as you wish" he said. He gave me one last look and walked away in the silence of the night.

I paced around the empty house waiting for any news to come. I grew worried with each passing minutes. Everything was silent and this silence wasn't calming.

I became restless. I wanted to know what is happening around there. I prayed for Mr. Rodriguez's safety. I prayed that Ibrahim reached there on time.

All I can think about is Mr. Rodriguez. I remember how we met, how his eyes calculated my every move. How he called me a little girl. How intimidating was his presence. I remember when our eyes met for first time. I remember each tiny detail of his face. How angry he was when we met in that forest.

I remember how he fought me on that ship. How he matched my moves. Strike for strike, he was graceful. I never saw so much beauty, so much grace in anyone's moves ever.

I remember how he pinned me to the wall of his cabin. I remember how he had stolen my first kiss.

I even remember how he mocked me. How chilly was his tone. I remember his sensual touch. I remember how he strapped the dagger on my thigh. I remembered his words. I remember his cold attitude.

The harshness of his voice, I remember how his eyes followed mine when I was performing for the stranger. I remember it all. I remember how venerable he sounded and how he took care of me.

I don't want anything to happen to him. He will be alright he have to be. He have to be alright. The night passed and it almost twilight hour as I noticed few figures in dark.

I pulled out the sword from the sheath and hid in the shadows. "My lady" I t was Ibrahim and some other people. I looked at the figure of Mr. Rodriguez.

"Is he hurt?" I asked as other guards settled him down on floor. "No he is not hurt gravely. Have few wounds that may need to be look after" Ibrahim said. "Who are they?" I asked mentioning the men who took him here.

"They are his guards, they took him out before anything bad happened" Ibrahim said.

"I need some water and wash cloth. I need to clean him up" I said without looking up. Morning light filtered through the windows of the building illuminating his face which was bruised and covered with mud and some blood.

I removed his bow tie and cost leaving him in his white shirt which was stained with blood. I opened it carefully revealing a cut on his stomach and on his shoulder.

These are the one which were bleeding so badly. My hands were trembling as I cleaned him. I carefully cleaned the cut on his shoulder and stomach.

I asked for some cloth to tie it up. Mr. Rodriguez grunted holding my hand as his eyes flew open meeting mine. "Ibrahim" He said. Ibrahim came to him instantly. "Tend my wounds you know what to do" He said.

"Yes Saheb" Ibrahim said and left. "Miss. Davis for future reference please doesn't touch me without my consent." Mr. Rodriguez said. The dream has ended all was left is reality I was no longer his fiancée I was just an employee.

I should be happy that it happened but somewhere I felt empty again lonely again. And this time it is harder to fill it. I looked up to him for the last time before walking out of the door.