21

I backed up Mr. Rodriguez as he tried to get as many as possible. But we were still outnumbered and his other half of men are far behind. "We are running out of ammunition" Mr. Rodriguez said.

"We have to find the leader" I said. "No Katherine you need to run, you get out of here and notify my other men" Mr. Rodriguez said. I cannot leave him here.

"I cannot leave you here they will kill you before your men can ever reach you Mr. Rodriguez" I said. His gun died down so was mine Ibrahim wasn't good either. Sword was useless against gun.

"Surrender yourselves" A powerful voice said. His half face was covered and only eyes were visible. "Katherine Run" Mr. Rodriguez said. "No I cannot not at least when I know I can save you all" I said pointing to him Ibrahim and four other man who were alive.

We were sat into a circle tied. Mr. Rodriguez was on my one side and Ibrahim was on the other. "So what is your business in our desert?" The bandit leader asked to Mr. Rodriguez.

"Just a merchant crossing over to sell my goods" Mr. Rodriguez said. "Merchants don't carry weapon like you people do. You are no merchant you are liars" The bandit leader said and hissed as Mr. Rodriguez.

"He is right sir we are just merchants who were interested in selling some goods" I said. His attention snapped into me from Mr. Rodriguez. "Now that you have run into us Poor Merchant I may propose you a deal" The Bandit leader said. "I will not be dealing you in this life or next" Mr. Rodriguez said angrily.

"If you don't listen to me right now you may don't have a chance again in this life or next" The man warned. "Mr. Rodriguez just let's see what kind of proposal he has for us" I said intervening.

"Woman is smarter than you" The bandit leader complimented. "Right what is that you want as a price for letting us go from here" I asked. "Just one thing and that is you" Bandit leader said and out his hands under my chin.

"Don't touch her" Mr. Rodriguez said. "We are not giving up My lady for our freedom" Ibrahim spoke rather angrily. "Then I have to kill you all and take her by force" Bandit leader said unsheathing his deadly crooked sword.

I can see that Mr. Rodriguez would be the first one he would take out. "Ok ok stop don't hurt him you...you can have me" I said and both Mr. Rodriguez and Ibrahim looked at me with wide eyes. "My Lady" "Katherine" Both said at the same time.

"I told you I will not leave you alone" I said and crashed my lips against Mr. Rodriguez. I pulled back. I leaned very close to Mr. Rodriguez and whispered "go and don't look back I will find a way to get out" "let them go now. I am yours from this moment." I said after I pulled back.

Bandits came and took Mr. Rodriguez and others to a distance but I can see from there. They were crouched down and his eyes met mine questioning me. I tried to convey assured look.

"The night is falling and we will celebrate today I gained a very beautiful treasure" The bandit leader said touching my shoulder. I almost cringed at touch. He then threw me over a camel and took me somewhere. I didn't say much because they covered my eyes.

Look for the right chance to free yourself. I looked as they released Mr. Rodriguez and others. At least I have a less thing to worry about. I stayed silent scanned the surrounding. They had untied me but I was still inside a well guarded tent. I have to find a way to run.

Night felled and they begin the celebration. The bandit leader came and sat beside me. "I know you are the one who helped The Englishman kill Daniels" My blood ran cold with his statement. Show no fear. Show no fear. "I might say exotic beauty is a very suitable name for you" He added. Be brave be brave.