chapter.6

daisy

Daisy started her morning with a bang - literally banging her head on the bunk bed above her. However, the top of her head wasn't the only area in pain as both of her hands stung excruciatingly underneath the make shift bandages Seth had made using paper towels.

The only bright side was that it reassured her the previous day wasn't a dream and that Seth really did help her after she bumped into him after her work. He didn't laugh at her for crying but instead fixed her sore hands and kissed them better. Daisy forced down a high pitched squeal as she relived the moment in her head repeatedly.

Unfortunately, she didn't see him for the rest of the day after he walked away from her cell. Owen was also extremely quiet, probably from being warned by Seth, but after a few minutes of her trying to get him to talk to her, he gave in and asked her questions about what happened.

Like she did at lunch, Daisy looked all around the canteen and the common room for Seth during dinner but again, he was no where to be found. She briefly wondered what he was doing but thought it would be best to not linger on the thought and instead focused on how sweet he was hours prior.

Now it was the next day and she was eager to see him. Unable to wait for Owen to wake up on his own, she stood on the first step of the ladder and tentatively reached out to shake his leg over the blanket. "O-Owen. Wake u- "

"I'm up!" He sat up abruptly, while Daisy giggled at his flustered state.

"I don't want to be late for b-breakfast." She told him as she jumped from the ladder so he could get down.

Owen raised an eyebrow at her excitement but didn't say anything. They didn't have to wait long before the cell opened and a horde of people walked past them. A wave of nerves washed over her like it did every time she was released into what felt like a pack of animals.

Preparing to step out, she went to toy with her sleeves for comfort but a hand grabbed hers instead. Owen held her hand in the palm his own and quickly walked out of the room towards the canteen, practically dragging her behind him.

Daisy looked at their joined hands and frowned, not liking the feeling. Honestly, it made her feel a little uncomfortable and gave her very different emotions to when Seth had held her hand.

She tried to pull away and made a noise to show her discomfort but her cellmate just held it tighter, not slowing down his steps at all. "Do you want to get lost again?" He shouted sarcastically so she could hear her through the noise.

Wincing at the pain in her injured hand when he gripped it harder, she whined again and tugged. "It hurts." She said, trying to pry his fingers away with her other hand by attempting to stick her small fingers through the gaps.

"We're here now anyway," he said quietly, while letting go of her hand and looking at its poorly bandaged state with a guilty look. "Sorry."

She forgave him and they proceeded to breakfast, where they were given the same meal as yesterday, porridge and fruit. Seeing Seth no where in sight, she tried not to feel too disappointed in his disappearance but ended up moping while she ate.

With the free time that they had left, they went to the common room and decided to play cards. Unfortunately, Daisy didn't know any card games so they just played snap over and over again. She was glad he wasn't a sore loser because he lost quite a lot of times.

Daisy felt that he was warming up to her and could even say he was her friend. He was definitely less cold to her than when she had first arrived.

She was shuffling the cards for the next round and laughing at a story Owen was telling her when she saw Levi and Nate walking over to them. Her eyes widened when she saw Seth behind them talking to Dave about something that appeared to be serious from the officer's frowning face and Seth's stoic one.