a book review out of love

"Bakit love is love ang title ng book review?"

Because love has no boundaries. Tulad ng kanta ni Kaye Cal na Nyebe, kahit na kulang na kulang tayo, may darating para saatin na pupunuin tayo ng pagmamahal. Maging sino, at kung anong gender preference mo pa man ;-)

"Why did you start reading Love Songs For No One?"

Uhm.. Honestly I was one of the few people nung mga oras na yun na nakapansin na nagpost si Ate Rayne sa Watty nung Epigraph ng LS4N1. And I thought to myself na patapusin ko muna ang story because I'm not the type of reader that waits for updates. Pero napansin ko sa insta sa FB and even sa twitter, the hype for LS4N1 was real nung Christmas break. And I honestly couldn't relate with any of them. Nakaka-op lol lahat sila LS4N1 ang topic tapos ako stuck sa Nagpa-series at sa AFGIT.

So I decided reading LS4N1 on New Year's Eve. Hinabol ko talaga siya. Ang naabutan kong last update ay yung Part 3 Chapter 10 na. And roughly, 4-5 days I finished the book. At first I wanted to prolong my reading experience with the fictional Rayne and Kaye, but you just can't resist not reading another cheesy, korni and swak sa kilig chapter!

"Did you enjoy the idea of Rayne shipping herself with Kaye?"

Well, of course. I already knew Kaye by the time I started but I thought she was a guy. And I haven't really took notice because Moira was the hype of OPM that time. So when I started LS4N1, I searched up Kaye Cal and just checked to see his appearance. You know, I wanted to know what she looked like para naman sa imagination ko.

After finishing the book, that's when my Kaye Cal obsession, hyped up. Thanks to you Ate Rayne. But don't get me wrong. I ship you and Kaye Cal realllyyy harrrdddd. Itaga mo pa sa bato :)

"What did you feel about the dialogue-heavy disclaimer and the actual dialogues?"

I was really struck. #shook. Bihira kasi yung mga taglish stories na batuhan lang ng dialogues lahat. Dito kasi sa LS4N1, you can see how well thought of the lines are and how vivid the characters seem to be. Kumbaga, hindi sila pareho. They are their own character and because of the contrast of their personalities/perspective the throwing in of lines and opinions are interesting. Hindi siya chamba. Ang ganda ng flow at saktong sakto siya para sa feels na hinahanap ko sa isang libro. Actually aapaw na ako (lol)

"Tama lang ba ang transitioning ng Part One to Two, at Part Two to Three?"

I can say that I am a fan of enough whirlwind love stories to say that this was actually a bit slow? For a whirlwind story. But I guess you can't categorize this as a whirlwind story because Kaye isn't a stranger to Rayne. About the transitioning, I can say that the opening lines of Parts Two and Three will legitimately give you spine chills. It's just enough to say na "Magpapatuloy ang kwento, grab some popcorn and fries, magco-continue pa."

"What are your thoughts on gxg stories?"

Well, in this gxg story, di ko masyado naramdam na gxg. Because unang una, Kaye herself doesn't act too feminine. Para sakin kasi, kung gxg, parang yung mga tipong sa anime? (nasanay siguro) pero you get my point. And sobrang nalinawan ako pagdating sa mundo ng lgbtq+ dahil kay Fictional Kaye & Rayne. My overall thoughts are that, we shouldn't be against stories like this kasi pinagiisipan ng maigi ang isang kwento.

"How about the idol-fan concept?"

Actually my fave. I am a fangirl, proud and true. So reading a fanfiction about a writer and the singer who basically falls in love with her, is something not brand new, but somehow, Pilosopotasya can bring wonders into clichè plotlines. She breaks the boundaries of clichè and the genres that she jumps into and then hops to a new one is really.. kahanga kanga? So idol-fan relationship in this story is ultimately the one I enjoyed most, other than Rayne placing herself as the leading lady.