Chapter #4 - Solutions

Jungkook got the most sleep that night in the past two years. Taehyung-hyung's arms protected and comforted him, his warmth eased his mind, and the sounds his steady breathing and his heartbeat made him forget everything that would've kept him awake. The thoughts racing in his head, trying to decide whether Taehyung was just a brother, or much more, they all faded to nothing in that moment.

Waking up with his hyung hugging his back was when he realized agreeing to sleep with him for his comfort was the best decision he'd made in a while. No matter what he was to him. All that mattered is that Jungkook felt at ease with him around. Him and Jimin-hyung made him come out of his shell every so often. Come to think of it, Jimin-hyung is never going to believe him if he tells him about this. He might've seen his bed empty in the morning, but who knows.

He turned carefully to face the other boy. He was beautiful even in his sleep. Jungkook concluded with a smile, that the only thing more beautiful than V's unique smile is his resting face. "Hyung~" he whispered to him, and when it didn't work, he gave it another try. "It's morning, hyung. Wake up!" he attempted, his smile growing at the sight of Taehyung furrowing his brows.

"No..." The answer came. Raspy, even deeper than usual, and barely audible, but still an answer.

"Hyung~" Jungkook shifted closer, their noses were touching now. The older vocalist's eyes opened slightly.

"Behave." he demanded half-asleep, and embraced the maknae tightly once more. The latter let out a short, mischevious chuckle, and let himself get carried away by dreams once more. He wouldn't mind this morning happening again. Or even becoming frequent. It feels like nothing he's ever felt before.

****

After he nearly gave his hyung a cardiac arrest from sneaking up behind him and dragging him to the kitchen to talk, Jungkook couldn't shut up about the events of the past night and that morning. He went into an excited rant, going into small details on how good Taehyung smells from up close, him giggling in his sleep, and how much and how tightly he clung onto him. But as soon as he heard Jimin's little gasp of realization, followed by a wide grin, he stopped.

"What's gotten into you, hyung?" he asked, to which Jimin replied with a chuckle.

"You fell in love with him." Jungkook's eyes went wide. He didn't even think the accusation through, it was impossible anyway. In his head, he was still trying to decide between close older brother or crush. He still wasn't sure if he was...queer or not.

"Bullshit!" he almost shouted.

"Language!" Jimin replied in the same tone, shutting the younger up for a second. "Kookie, listen to me. Don't protest. Because you do love him. I'm not saying in what way. Maybe you don't know yourself. But anyone paying attention could see how much you care about him" he said gently, as the maknae tilted his head to the side.

"Hyung, did you just...use a book quote to explain the situation?" he wondered, already being at least 75% done with the older vocalist.

His puffy lips pull into a wide grin. "You love him, Jungkook, real or not real?" he joked, earning a playful punch in the arm.

"Hyung, you're not helping!" he pouted, crossing his arms. Jiminie-hyung was such a nerd sometimes. Okay, most of the time.

"Shut up, I'm going somewhere with this!" he laughed. "So, real or not real?"

"Fine. Real."

"That's what I thought. You love him. I'm not saying in what way. You don't know yourself. But hear me out: it's only Taehyung who made you question whether he's family or more. You don't feel this way with the rest of us, do you?" His words scared him. They scared him because Jimin had a point.