Bonus chapter i

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am."

"Are you really?"

"I told you I am."

"Really?"

"If you ask me that one more time, I swear I'm going to change my mind."

Aspen laughed and pinched Kenneth's cheek admiringly. "But vanilla is your favorite. You can't just get chocolate out of the blue just because you see couples eating out from the same cone."

"But look at them!" Kenneth whined and pointed towards a happy looking Judy and Dylan who were eating out from the same cone. "They even wore couple tees for today's date." Kenneth grumbled the more.

Aspen smiled and put her tiny arms around Kenneth's neck, making him lean down towards her a little. "Eating from the same cone or wearing matching clothes cannot define how we really feel about each other. It's all there in the heart. You just have to know."

Kenneth's heart fluttered a little at what she said. It was amazing how Aspen was capable of making him feel even the littlest of things. It was new to him but he loved it. He loved every little thing she made him feel.

Kenneth rested his forehead against him and smiled his charming smile. "You are absolutely right. Fine then. Let's just eat our favorites." He grinned, pulling back and ordering two different ice creams for each of them.

"Man. They're all over each other. You think it was a good idea to bring them along?" Kenneth asked, looking at Dylan and Judy who were literally on top of each other in public.

"We were the ones whom they brought along, you idiot." Aspen rolled her eyes, a faint smile appearing on her face.

"The idea was mine." He defended himself.

Aspen laughed and Kenneth just stared at her. He couldn't believe someone could be so perfect. He knew Aspen was far from perfect, flawed with her own imperfections but right now, in front of him, was a girl who laughed away her worries, looking nothing but perfect. And he was more than amazed that she was his and his alone.

"Want to get out of here?" Kenneth found himself asking.

"And go where?"

"I don't know. Just around."

Aspen looked more than thrilled at the idea. It almost made Kenneth laugh.

They walked around aimlessly, leaving a kissing couple behind. For today's date, they were in a park. Because it was a weekend, there were lots of people who had come for a stroll, or a picnic, or to do their own things. Aspen stopped once in a while to greet little kids or elders. She was beaming with joy and Kenneth realised that maybe she loved socialising much more than she gave herself credit for. He realised Aspen was someone who anyone could get along with if they really wanted to get to know her. She was a beautiful person, maybe a little sassy, but that made her more lovable. Kenneth shuddered at the thought of how much he loved her. The feeling was too overwhelming.

"I wish I had a younger sister." Aspen sighed after waving goodbye to a cute five year old girl who ran to her mother with a big smile on her face and her pigtails swaying with the wind. Aspen and she had a cute and short binding session.

"You can meet with Emily any time you want. Her mom leaves her to me most of the weekends. You can come over."

"That'd actually be nice." Aspen grinned.