Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Second Chapter

I jerked awake when we hit the ground

I jerked awake when we hit the ground. Birdie's arm slapped over my body, pinning my arms down. I took a deep breath. Nightmare again. Hyperventilating, but trying so hard to breath normally is hard when people are staring at you as they pass you. My heart pounded in my ears. 

"Breathe," Birdie murmured. I clenched my shaking fists and tried to calm down. Anxiety attack in front of everybody. Just shoot me in the head Birdie. Put me out of my misery. "In... Out... Follow me. In... Out... Look at me." 

I followed his instructions and looked at him. He was breathing with me. Why didn't he just drug me? 

I could feel my heart rate go down. He removed his arm and shook his head. I looked up. The Mountain was standing behind my seat with a syringe in his hand. They had been so close. 

Birdie pulled me out of my seat after all the passengers had left the plane. My legs felt a bit wobbly, but he kept his hand wrapped around my arm, as we walked through the airport. I was done looking at people and kept my attention on my feet. We climbed into a minibus, and away we went. 

The scenery was striking. 

We stopped after a couple of hours in front of a massive gate, surrounded by walls. Big cement walls. The gate opened slowly, revealing a grim building inside. Grey, big, and to be honest quite scary looking. On either side of the road up to the prison, fences were erected with barbed wire on top.

We stopped in front of another gate. This one was a fence gate. Birdie jumped out and motioned me to follow him. I jumped down on the pavement and squinted in the bright sunlight. He pushed me forward.

Inmates in the yard stopped to have a look at the newcomer. I must have looked terrifying with the muzzle on. At least I was making an impression from the beginning. Leave me alone, or I'll bite your heads off.

I kept looking straight, remembering C59's words: never show any fear. So I straightened my back and tried to walk as casually I could with the chains around my ankles. Which wasn't easy, since I could only take short steps.

Strip searches, introductions and a shower later and I was sitting in my new cell. It was small. Too small. And I was alone. No cell-mate. They must know of my... Er... Nightly activities. 

I had no personal artefacts, so the shelf on the wall is empty. I'd find something, I guess. It was small, with a bed and a toilet. A small window under the roof. That was a treat! I'd know when it's night by actual sunlight now, and not my activities or the horrible white light in the ceiling. 

The door opened, and I guessed it was time to meet the rest of my new prison family.

At least we didn't wear jumpsuits here. Grey sweats, white t-shirts and a dark grey jumper if it was cold. It wasn't very soft or anything, but it was so much better than having to wear those annoying one-piece jumpsuits. It always made us look like something from a bad prison film.