two

aaliyah and i were sitting at a table near a window.

she took a sip of her coffee before she started talking, "if you don't mind me asking, what brings you here?"

"i'm on winter break right now and i wanted to take a trip. canada was just calling my name," i said while taking a bite out of the warm chocolate chip muffin.

"oh cool, what are your plans to do while you're here?" she asked while trying to not chew with her mouth open.

i thought about what i had planned, and nothing was ringing a bell. i came to toronto without any plans whatsoever.

i took a sip of my coffee, "honestly, i didn't really think about it. i guess i'll just have to wing it,"

"i could take you sightseeing while you're here if you'd like," she said while smiling.

i laughed, "only if when we go out tomorrow, the coffee is on me,"

she shook my hand before yelling, "deal!"

we continued to have a conversation for a while. during our conversation, i asked questions about her, she asked questions about me, and we exchanged numbers. we soon had to leave because tim hortons was closing shortly, and aaliyah's parents called her and told her she had to go home.

aaliyah was kind enough to give me a ride back to my hotel because she didn't want me to walk alone in the dark. while we were on our way to the hotel, she was telling me about what we would do tomorrow. i wasn't really listening because it just sunk in that i was in someone's car that i just met a few hours ago.

i looked towards the hotel, "well, this is me,"

"i'll text you, see you tomorrow!" aaliyah shouted while i was getting out of the car.

"okay, bye, thanks!" i yelled while looking back at the car.

"no problem, bye!" she yelled back while driving off.

morning-

i woke up to my phone going off, it was aaliyah.

i answered with a morning voice, you could clearly tell i just woke up, "hello?"

"hey, i'm sorry, did i wake you?" aaliyah asked sympathetically.

"yeah, but it's fine. what's up?" i asked.

"um, beforehand, i just want to say i'm sorry," she said with a sad tone in her voice.

"aaliyah, you're scaring me, what's wrong?" i questioned.

"i have to cancel on taking you sightseeing today," she said with a sigh, she probably thought i was mad, "my brother surprised us last night and came home early. he was supposed to come a few days before christmas, but he couldn't wait. that's why my parents wanted me home,"

"oh, don't worry about, we can do it some other time," i said with a smile, even though she couldn't see it.

"i'll make it up to you, i swear," she said while laughing, "but for now, how about you come over for dinner later?"

i tried to reassure her it was actually fine she was canceling, "no, it's fine. we can do something else a different day, i don't want to intrude,"

"you won't be intruding, it was actually my mum's idea. i told her you and i had plans, and she said to just invite you over," she said trying to convince me, "she's making lasagna, and i remember you saying it was your favorite."

i laughed, "okay, i'll be there, what time?"

"five, i'll see you then," she said quickly right before she hung up.