four: seal the deal

jeongguk scanned taehyung's face, which only displayed a serious face.

"you're kidding right?" jeongguk asks smiling, trying to lighten the mood, looking away, at the street.

"no, why would i? i mean i like you, you like me, why not date?" he said in a casual tone.

"i never said i liked you, or that i was interested in boys for the matter."

"fine, one, are you gay, and two do you like me?"

jeongguk looked at taehyung once again, but taehyung wore the same blunt face. jeongguk just couldn't read taehyung, and that bothered him very much.

"i have no reason to tell you that."

"then i guess i'll have to find out myself."

before jeongguk could ask how, taehyung leant in, not slow, but fast, not leaving enough time for jeongguk to think of what to do, so he let his instinct control him, and they had decided get his eyes to shut closed. jeongguk waited for something to happen, but nothing did. he opened his eyes to find taehyung with a playful grin.

"well, since you were about to accept that kiss, it means you like me, and that you're interested in males."

jeongguk just stared at him.

badump. badump. badump.

without thinking twice, jeongguk got of his chair, leaving his ramyun behind, and stormed out of the store. taehyung just watched as the younger left, and let's out a sigh. he reminds himself to clean up and pay later for the ramyun and leaves to follow jeongguk.

taehyung kept a distance as he followed the younger, about a couple metres.

little by little, he approached closer to jeongguk, until he was walking beside him. as soon a jeongguk saw him taehyung, he pulled at his earphones and put them in his ears, deciding to ignore taehyung.

"jeongguk."

no response.

"jeongguk," this time stretching it out.

no response.

"jeongguk-ah."

no response.

"jeonggukie."

no response.

"gukkie."

no response.

taehyung got tired, so he tried waving his hand in front of jeongguk's face, but the boy just pretended as if taehyung was invisible.

an little idea popped up in taehyung's mind.

he let his hands falls, and laced them around jeongguk's hand, that were a bit smaller than his, but fit just right.

jeongguk jerked his hand away at the sudden contact. finally, a reaction.

"the hell?" jeongguk bursted out, taking his earbuds out.

taehyung let out a victorious sigh, "finally, i felt like I was talking to a wall."

"might as well, the wall doesn't have any feelings for you to mess around with."

"hey i'm sorry okay, it's just you wouldn't tell me."

"it's not just that. how can you just ask someone you met just a couple days ago to date them? don't you find that a little strange?"

"what's strange about that? if two people like each other, why waste time? we can date, and if it doesn't work out, we break up. simple."

jeongguk stopped and turned his body towards taehyung, who had stopped with him.

"do you really think relationships are that simple, that you can just break up whenever you want? don't you think about the feelings that come along with it? pain? hurt? sadness?"

"what's the point of sobbing over a break up? it happened because the relationship wasn't working out, meaning the break up was a good thing."

"do you really expect that person to forget all the times that they were together in a second? even if the break up made her or his life better, it doesn't mean they won't be sad when it happens."

"okay, they'll cry for one or two days, and then they'll move on. what i'm trying to say here is, instead of wasting time trying to get to know each other, why not just date them and get to know them at the same time?"

"time, because of time. everything requires time. what if that relationship last long, but one of them later on finds out something they could've found out before they started dating. something that would end their relationship completely. they could've avoided going through all of the pain and heartache if they found out sooner."

"if times what you're worried about, be my boyfriend for just one week. see what it's like, get to know me in that week. have a mind set of leaving me in that one week. if things don't work out, then we end it after that week. that way, no one gets hurt, because we already know this relationship will end. you said you're dad won't be taking you back for another week, so you're not busy. it'll keep you occupied for the time being."

jeongguk scoffed, you still don't understand do you? no matter if it's a day or if it's a year, anything that comes to and end will hurt. the pain of things ending was all too familiar to jeongguk.

"you know what kim taehyung, fine, i'll be your boyfriend for one week. just one week, that's it."

taehyung displayed a smile, or even a smirk, it was a mixture of both if that was possible.

"it's a deal."

"deal, on one condition. you have to buy me food, and make me unlimited amounts of your ramyun for that week."

how did this happen? one minute ago we were arguing and now i'm agreeing to this dumb idea?

taehyung let out a laugh, "sure. let's seal the deal."

jeongguk stretched out his hand, to seal the deal.
taehyung, however, instead of shaking jeongguk's hand, he pulled it up to his lips, and gave a kiss. a very delicate kiss. jeongguk was taken aback.

taehyung still held jeongguk's hand close to his lips, as he looked up slightly to meet jeongguk's eyes, "sealed with a kiss."

"l-let go," jeongguk stuttered, taking back his hand and continuing to walk, "and no pda."

taehyung laughed quietly seeing how things worked out, quickly catching up with jeongguk who had put his earphones back in.

he took one of them out, and plugged them into his own ear. jeongguk didn't seem to mind.

a daily song - hwang chi-yeul

"my favourite," taehyung had said looking at the sky and back at jeongguk, who kept looking straight ahead.

of course this song had come on as soon as jeongguk put his earphones in, even jeongguk's phone was rooting for their relationship.

what a fun week this will be.

—•
is things going to fast?
hope you enjoyed this chapter
comment, anything, literally anything you want!! (comments encourage me)
thanks
bye <3