sixty-three: i'm better

"you got everything?" jeongguk questioned the older as he entered sweet sugar café. taehyung looked up from his seat and nodded. he also grabbed the cup of coffee he got for the younger.

"you guys goin' on a trip or something?" eunha approached the two with a wet cloth, previously used to wipe down the empty tables.

jeongguk nodded showing a light smile.

"wait 'till jimin hears you two got back together. i told him it's normal for couple to break up and get back together. just because his relationship is perfect doesn't mean everyone's is."

"oh it's not like that, we're not actually, uhm, back together," taehyung corrected her. he eyed jeongguk, who still kept his smile, and even nodded along with the boy's words. the older became suspicious, he thought, "does this mean he's agreeing with me, that we aren't getting back together?"

"hmm, you never know what'll happen i guess. well, these tables aren't going to clean themselves," she sighed and moved onto the next table where customers left a couple seconds before.

"shall we leave?" jeongguk questioned the other with a wide smile.

taehyung nodded. "i got us a few snacks," he said showing the plastic bag filled with a variety of food they could munch on later, which got jeongguk excited.

they began walking to the train station together. jeongguk took out his phone, earbuds already plugged in, and handed one to taehyung, who gladly accepted. they listened all the way to the station. both payed for their own ticket, and got on the train just in time. the two found empty seats to sit beside each other, with only one other passenger on the seat in front.

"when did you enter the contest?" jeongguk started up a conversation. the boy seemed to be more casual around taehyung as time went by.

"well i saw it online somewhere, and when you told me about your financial problems, i thought it would be worth a shot to enter the painting in. you've got nothing to lose, and i knew you'd win something with your talent. i know i shouldn't have done it without your permission, but i felt like you would've said no," he replied.

the younger nodded. "i just find it very hard to believe. i looked over all the other submissions and it's impossible to say mine was picked over theirs."

"gguks, you're a great artist, you deserve it. you should actually start branching out, don't stay trapped in that little town of ours," taehyung said.

"are you telling me to move out of my hometown?" jeongguk said, but in the back of his head thought, "and leave you?"

"no not like that! it's your choice. you can even do international shipping, start up a website or something."

"that... doesn't sound like a bad idea. wow, i can't believe you can say smart things like that."

"hey! all my ideas are brilliant, and i'm very smart!"

that got jeongguk to choke out a laugh. "really? what about that time you thought fireflies were fairies?"

"hey, you thought they were fairies too."

"i-i was just kidding!" jeongguk defended himself, "i knew they were fireflies, just didn't want to make you feel dumb."

"mhm, sure."

the younger rolled his eyes, "whatever, i'm still better at rock paper scissor."

"you were just lucky that day! c'mon, rematch."

"you're on."

they played five rounds, jeongguk winning every single one.

"you're cheating," taehyung declared.

"how the hell do you cheat at this game?" the boy began, "dude, just admit it. i'm better than you."

"woah, woah, woah. just because you won this doesn't mean you're better that me."

"well, i'm still better than you, it's a fact," he said and crossed his arms with a smug look in his face.

"how about this?" taehyung explained, "let's play five more different games and whoever is the victor in the most games is better."

"okay, fine. what game first?"

"thumbs wars!"

the two played little games as the ride went along. everything from chopsticks to who can stuff the most rice in their mouth. the amount of games went well over five, and both lost track of their points. they were lucky none of the other passengers were disturbed by the sound of their laughter. the old aged lady sitting parallel to them was sound asleep, not hearing a single word the boys were shouting. it almost seemed as if everyone was letting them be them, like how they should— together.

—•
oof
i haven't updated in like a week (or more)??
i thought i'd be less busy during the summer but boy was i wrong, but i want to finish this fic soon so i'm gonna keep updating as much as i can.

i know i'm very late but like jungkook in red hair is just ohmyfuckinggodicandieinpiecenow. i wish he keeps it !!

also holland's new comeback song is amazing and i love it so much everybody should give him all the love and support he deserves!!

bye<3