1

She stepped out of her car and took a breath. The crisp October air ran a chill through her spine. The last time she stepped out of this car was a year ago, which was the last time she had seen her brother alive. Since that day, she had found out her father killed her brother, and a hooded killer went around killing people. Her mother decided it was a good idea for her to go somewhere else while this fanned out. Unfortunately, this meant Hawkins, Indiana. 

She sighed. It was time to put the past behind her. After all, this was a new school. With a swift movement of the hand, she closed the car door. Time to make this school her bitch. As she walked, people's gaze averted to her. She was used to this. At Riverdale, all eyes were on her constantly. She pushed her bright red hair behind her shoulders. 

When she got to the classroom, she dropped her bag on the ground and sat down. She pulled out her compact mirror and checked that her makeup was still intact. Her cherry red lipstick shone in the light of the classroom. She smiled in content and set the compact down. And that's when she saw him. 

He had long hair that he wore in a mullet, and his shirt was unbuttoned at the top, leaving a bit of his chest exposed. He glanced at her for a second, then walked over in her direction. He gave her a wink before sitting directly behind her. She rolled her eyes, but her heart was pounding. He was attractive, but she knew better than to let him know that. 

All through class, she kept her eyes on the board, trying not to turn her head to stare at the hottie behind her. Once the bell rang, she smiled. The period was over and soon she would be able to go home. She stood up, and was confronted by him. He looked her up and down. "Hi." She tilted her head, then grabbed her bag. 

"Hey." He smirked. "I'm Billy Hargrove. I just moved here from California." She nodded. "Cheryl Blossom." She started walking towards the door, but he got in her way. "Listen, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out sometimes." She smiled, then placed her hands on her hips. "Out of my way, you Neanderthal." She gracefully walked out of the classroom. 

He watched her leave, chuckling. This would certainly be a challenge, but he enjoyed a good challenge.