5.7

7; the one where Rachel finds out.

"Alright, here we go. 1999, the year of Joey", he says excitedly as he walks up to Alycia.

"I'm sure it will", she smiles up at him, patting his shoulder. Monica and Chandler walked up to them, neither looking happy to be celebrating the New Year. "You two look depressed".

"We wanted to kiss at midnight but nobody else is going to", Chandler explained.

"Well, we are doing it too", Joey shrugged.

"Yeah, but people actually know we are together. It's not weird if we do it", Alycia points out.

"Wait", Monica quickly said. "Rachel brought a date, so she's probably kissing him".

"Yeah, and Ross can kiss Phoebe then", Joey agreed. "I'll handle it".

He went to talk to their two other friends before heading back to the group. They all watched the TV for the countdown as they waited for the New Year to come. When the fireworks started, everyone at the party started cheering. Alycia turned around to look at Joey, giving him a kiss, same thing as Monica and Chandler did next to them.

"Happy New Year, silly", Alycia said as they pulled away, smiling up at him.

"Happy New Year, Al", Joey smiled back. "I honestly hope that we can spend every second of this year together".

Alycia grinned, giving him another kiss. "I have no doubts that we definately will".

"You know what?", Ross started. The party was long over and it was just the seven of them inside the apartment. "I'm gonna go on a limb and say no divorces in '99!", he continues.

"But your divorce isn't even final yet", Rachel pointed out.

"Just one divorce in 99'!", he corrects himself. "I'm gonna be happy this year. I'm gonna make myself happy".

"Do you want us to leave the room or...?", Chandler jokes.

"Every day, I'm gonna do one thing I have never done before. That, my friends, is my New Year's resolution".

"Mine's to pilot a commercial jet", Phoebe said.

"That's a good one, Pheebs. Now all you need to do is find people whose resolution is to plummet to their deaths".

"Perhaps your resolution should stop being a smartass and stop making fun of your friends", Alycia replied from the kitchen.

"And yours should be stop calling your best friend a smartass. Or calling him any names", Chandler turns around to look at her.