Info

*Riley Preston

The bell to go last period rings and I head to the office when I couldn't find Nikki.

'Dad, are you in your office?'

'Yeah, I am. Why?'

'I need advice. I'm almost there.'

I walk into his office, without knocking. He's expecting me, anyway.

The first thing I see is a large wooden desk with one of those fancy spinning chairs.

The chair spins around to show my dad. His dark black not showing his age which is forty-six. His gray eyes a shade darker than mine. Right away you can tell we're related.

My dad's the kind of person who doesn't hate just anyone. If my dad hates you then you must have done some thing really bad. He's hard to approach but once you know him, you'll see that he's a big softy.

He's been hard to approach since my mother's death. My dad was left to raise my brothers and I.

"Hey, Riley, how's the first day of school going for you?" My dad, Romeo, smiles a smile that only his sons get to see.

I sit in the chair across from him. I let out a deep sigh. "It's okay. It's just that there's this girl and she won't talk to me. Or anyone. I can tell that something is wrong but I don't know how to help her if she won't even look at me?"

Dad stares at me trying to figure something out. "Why are you interested in this girl? What make her different from all the sluts I've seen so far?"

"She is different. She keeps to herself. Her only friend is a werewolf but she thinks he's just a large wolf. She draws like a pro. She doesn't show any emotions, only when she's with the wolf. She wears cloths that don't reveal a lot. She doesn't throw herself at me just because I'm hot. Her eyes, I could stare at them forever. When she smiles, she looks like a goddess." I state, dreamily.

Dad is looking at me with a smirk. "I knew it."

"What?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"She's your mate." He says, confidently.

"How'd you guess?"

"Well, beside the fact that you just poured your heart out about a girl you just met? I would have to say that I know from experience." He informs. A sad smile comes to his face as he remembers his mate, Skylar, my mom.

"Mom was like my mate?"

"No," he shakes his head, "She was actually the opposite, really. So energetic and friendly. Everybody was her friend. When I first met her I thought she was going to be another slut because she was captain of the cheerleadering team. I didn't care, though, so I became her friend just be close to her. We got closer and closer until we started dating then I told her what I was. She accepted me after I gave her some time to think." A tear slips out of his eye.

I go around the desk and give him a side hug, "She's still with us. She'll always be watching over us. She's always near.She loves us so much that she just can't stay away from us."

"I know. She would be proud of you boys."

"Of course she would because we were raised by you. You made us stay strong when we had lost hope after her passing."

"Which reminds me. Ryan will be here on Friday and will start going to this school on Monday of next week." Dad confirms.

Ryan is my twin brother but he's a year older. Confusing, right? It's because we were born on New Years. He was born December 31st at 11:58 p.m. and I was born January 1st at 12:04 a.m. We are identical twins, the only difference are our eyes and voices. I have my dad's gray eyes but Ryan has our mom's green eyes. My voice is deeper than his.