Ch. 8

Gibbs pinched the bridge of his nose as he said, "McGee never mentioned Matthew having a twin brother." He silently motioned for Tony to go upstairs and check on Beth. Now his famous gut was yelling at him that something was going to happen.

Tony took off running for the stairs as Gibbs continued to listen to Abby. "I knowi, I didn't have time to dig too deep into Matthew's background like we are used to doing. You guys got that call and had to find Beth before she died. But I have been doing some digging since then, and it's not pretty."

"What did you find Abbs?"

"Apparently, Martin, or Marty as he's known to his family, has been unstable ever since he was a child. He's had violent tendencies, which got him into a lot of trouble, resulting in him being tried in juvenile courts as a kid. Apparently, when the Bowers lived next door to the McGees in Hawaii, Marty was in juvenile detention on Oahu."

"What did he do to be put in there?"

"Marty had attacked his brother Matthew, sending Matthew to the hospital, then beat up a young boy that lived a few doors down from the Bowers. He was in the detention center for almost three years, pretty much the whole time Tim's family lived next door. So, because he wasn't living at home at the time, Matthew must have never told Tim that he had a brother."

"So where is Marty Bower now?" Gibbs asked, nodding to Tony as he came back into the waiting room.

"That's the weird thing Gibbs, there has been activity on Matthew's accounts and credit cards and his cell phone is working. But all of Marty's accounts were closed about a month ago. Its like he's dropped off the face of the earth."

"Thanks Abbs, you did good. I'll call you when Tim is out of surgery." He closed his phone and turned to Tony.

"She's fine Boss. What they hell is going on? I thought Tim killed Matt Bower?" Tony asked, perplexed as to what was going on.

Gibbs began pacing the floor, "I don't think he did. The fingerprints on Beth's cell phone came back as Matt's twin brother Marty. I'm not sure what hell is going on, but I think Matt was killed by his brother Marty and I guess Tim figured it out. As to why, I can't answer that now. But our main focus right now is to keep Beth and Tim safe."

"On it Boss, I called and have extra security on its way to watch both of them. Ducky has the body back at the Yard. He said he would call you as soon as he has something." It was that moment that Gibbs cell rang.

"Yeah, Gibbs," he answered as he and Tony headed upstairs to the surgery waiting room.

"Its me Jethro. Abigail has already ran the fingerprints on the body. The dead twin is Matthew Bower."

"Was there any residue on his hands? Did he even shoot that gun that was beside him?"

"We are waiting on the results of that test, but my guess is no. We are also waiting on ballistics on the bullet that killed Matthew. Abigail sent Anthony the picture of Martin Bower to his phone for the security that is on the way to protect Timothy and Elizabeth."

"Thanks Ducky," Gibbs replied as he closed his phone. They arrived to the waiting room, Tony sinking into a chair away from the door. Gibbs sat down beside him.

"Do you think McGee kill Matt? Did he even fire at Tim?" Tony asked, glancing at his boss. He knew that if Tim did, he would carry the weight of that for the rest of his life.

Gibbs fiddled with his phone before replying, "Abbs and Duck don't know yet, they are waiting on the test results. I really doubt Matt fired at Tim, I think it was Marty. But they confirmed that it was Matt that was killed."