Chapter 7: Tenerife Sea

"Why don't you come on in?" Ed replied as he saw a nervous Taylor standing outside his dressing room. It was almost midnight. Taylor was wearing a purple-green floral dress, and her hair was tied up. She looked nearly angelic, in something so simple. She constantly fixed her dress and her hair as she sat on the magenta red couch in Ed's dressing room. "Are you alright? You're looking hella nervous." Ed asked her. "I'm not nervous! Why would I be nervous? I just came in for a chat! I'm not nervous, defnitiely not nervous! Anything but nervous!" stuttered Taylor in such a way that Ed nearly didn't comprehend what she said. "Right. So, what's up? How was the show?" He sat down next to Taylor, as she consciously checked out Ed from head to toe.

Taylor's POV:

"Oh the show was great y'know as always! Amazing crowd, lots of love for them. I even got thrown a flower crown on stage today!" I declared. Life is really good right now. What you say next may or may not be the right decision, thought Taylor to herself. "Good, good. Keep up the job, you did good." Ed replied. "Want some coffee?"

"It's okay I'll pass, thanks." I replied. I was hoping not to seem rather uncomfortable, so I decided not to beat around the bush anymore. "I need to tell you something I mean, it's been on my mind for a while."

Ed's POV:

"What is it?" I asked sipping on my cup of coffee. Taylor nodded and took in a deep breath. "Ed, I know we've been friends for well, quite some time now. And we've really close, I mean, really. Like I even know what you're gonna order the next time you visit The Olive Garden." Taylor snickered. "With all that's been happening lately, you know with Alice and Harry, I can understand as to why we're so comfortable around each other. We can be ourselves, we can breathe freely...we can trust each other."

"Now what is it that you really want to tell me?" I questioned with a slight raise of my brow. "Right, I just wanted to let you know that, you know, you really don't have to worry about me falling in love with you or anything. I mean, I didn't want you to get that idea..you know? Cause usually when I get close with some guy, I need to sort of let them know what's the deal, otherwise I just..things windle out differently.." replied Taylor.

My heart sunk quite a few times before I could breathe properly again. I kept my cup of nearly-done coffee down, and got up. "Are you alright?" asked Taylor, "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's not you..no, never. You haven't done anything wrong. It's just me, I'm just crazy nut who thought that I ever had a chance with you. I mean, c'mon look at you! It's me, it's the crazy thought in my head that said that I had a chance with you. For God sakes Taylor, I love you!" After a few seconds of saying it, I realised what I blurted out.

Taylor just sat there on the edge of the couch, in some form of shock. I came to my senses finally, and rushed to her. "Taylor I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'M SO SORRY! This is not how it was supposed to come out, I mean..I-" I begged her on my knees.  "You love me?" Taylor asked. Do I love you? Do I Taylor? I've been infectiously and unconditionally in love with you since day one. For her to finally ask me this, it had been feeling like forever was finally here. Her eyes glistened under the dressing room lights. She leaned in and fell into my arms. "I've been waiting forever for you to tell me that." She spoke. Those words seemed to sound like some sort of dream, that I needed to take a while to snap out of. But I never wanted to, this was my dream, and I never wanted to leave it. Or leave her.

Taylor's POV:

We hugged for what seemd like the whole of a lifetime. You know all those movies, and books, that tell you that it's the best thing to fall in love with your best friend? I think I know what they all meant. I get it now, finally. It's taken some time, but in the end, I feel like I've fallen into the arms of someone who deserves me. And I..I'm so in love.

We both decided to call it a night, and fell asleep on the dressing room couch. "What if someone walked in?" I asked like a helpless child. "Does it really matter?" Ed replied. He looked deep into my eyes, and I saw his look, and I said, "I'm guessing no."

"Well, you're right." He said, and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, love."

Ed's POV:

I woke up the next morning. It was the first time that I had woken up next to a woman, without well, you know, getting into her pants. And you know what? I like that. I like this feeling. And I like her. Love her.

She looked so...wonderful. And she wasn't even trying. I mean seriously, this girl is sleeping in what looks like the most uncomfortable position ever, and yet, she's so graceful and beautiful. I love her, and I'm glad she knows. It's like the entire world finally knows what I've been boiling up inside, it's like coming home after a long trip. It's the greatest feeling.

I sat up next to her. A strand of her hair had fallen over her face. I gently pushed it aside with my fingers. She mumbled softly, and turned the other side.

I got up and pushed open the dressing room door. No one was in the Arena, and it was around 10am. I came back to the dressing room with coffee and breakfast. Taylor was still fast asleep. She woke up with the sound of the creaking door. "Uh, did I wake you? Sorry.." I apologised, and placed everything on the coffee table and sat down next to her. "It's okay, its okay, I was up already." She replied. Her eyes seemed to turn a brighter colour each day. They looked like the most beautiful waves in a sea, I'd never been to before. I leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheeks. She blushed and had the widest smile on her, and that made her look even more beautiful, as if it weren't possible. "I'll just go get something, hold up" I said, and got up from the couch, and grabbed my guitar from the corner of the room. Taylor broke into a giggle while sipping her coffee, "Are you going sing now?" 

"Damn right I am" I said, and got my guitar peck. I sat next to Taylor, and sang,"You look so wonderful in your dress, I love your hair like that.." She laughed and looked at me like I was crazy. "That's not a real song, now, stop it!"

"It could be one, if it wanted to." I smirked and sang, "The way it falls on the side of your neck,
down your shoulders and back. We are surrounded by all of these lies, and people who talk too much" Taylor looked at me and shrugged.

"You got the kind of look in your eyes, as if no one knows anything but us" She looked down and slightly nudged.

I faked a pain, and she got concerned for a minute, "Should this be the last thing I see? I want you to know it's enough for me...'cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need."  I leaned in a placed another on her lips, this time a real one..

We were so in love.

#Note: The lyrics are taken from Ed's song Tenerife Sea. All copyrights go to him and his label. (On a side note, thank you for reading!)