Chapter 16

[Chapter 16]

[Reign’s P.O.V]

I thank Kate and exit the car quickly. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.” She yells back with a wave through the open window as she drives off.

The house is dark and quiet when I walk in. There’s no sound of Owen anywhere but he’s here, I made sure his car was in the driveway before I came inside. My first thought is that he went to bed but I know that can’t be the case. He’s always up until nearly 2 in the morning.

“Owen.” I call out quietly.

There’s no reply, however a pair of arms wrap around me and I scream out, thrusting my elbow into their body with all the force I can. They moan in pain and there’s a thump as they fall to the ground.

“It’s only me.” The man says in a tense voice.

“Owen?” I say, moving blindly towards the voice. “Is that you?”

“Yes.” He groans. “Who else would it be?”

“A murderer, thief, rapist…”

“Okay, I get it.”

“Why’d you scare me like that?” I ask, my eyes finally adjusting to the dark.

He sits up, “It wasn’t my intention. The power’s out so I didn’t want to scare you by talking.”

“You didn’t want to scare me?” I laugh, “That worked out well didn’t it?”

He laughs deeply, the sound traveling throughout the house and sending shivers up my spine. “Could have ended better.”

I go silent as the truth sets in again. We’re not together anymore but talking like this with him makes it seem like we still are. Owen notices my change in attitude and his laugh drains away as he pats the floor next to him. I listen and sit beside him.

“I found the note Reign.” He says with a sad smile. “I know now why you broke up with me and what you did was right but I don’t care who threatens our relationship, I still want to be with you.”

“What about the pictures?” I ask.

“What about them? They’re only pictures and you can hardly tell that it’s us.”

“But what if the person tells the principle? You’d lose your job.”

He laughs lightly and wraps his arms around me, pulling me onto his lap. “Who’s the principle going to believe more? A lunatic that finds it fun to scare people or a teacher?”

“That’s true, but…” I trail off without a real reason to continue arguing. Owen has a good point.

There’s nothing else said and we fall into silence, the only sound being our breathing and the distant sound of cars traveling up the highway. He places his cold hands on the back of my neck and moves me to look him in the eyes. Before I can say anything he pulls me closer and presses his lips to me. At first it’s slow and sweet but quickly turns hot and passionate.

He holds me by the waist and lifts me so I’m straddling him. Our tongues move together, fighting over dominance. Eventually I give up and give it to him. He moves it throughout my mouth, searching everywhere. I let him and trail my hands up his arms and side while I gently grind against him.

We both moan loudly. Nothing but pure pleasure rolls over my skin and bones. In one movement he stands up and holds me to him. With my legs wrapped tightly around his waist he pushes me back against the wall and thrusts his hips against mine heavily.