12 || November 30th, 2017

Aurora || Parker

"Hello?"

"Good morning, Parker Hollowell. How are you doing today?"

"Well, let's see, I'm in one of those moods where I want to watch the world burn."

"I see. On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate your current mood, if 1 is 'okay' and 10 is 'not okay'?"

"10."

"Your tone, however, indicates that you seem to be in better spirits then you were on our most recent call. Has your outlook on life improved?"

"...Why do you sound like a robot...?"

"Would you like to disprove common stereotypes about men and intimately discuss your innermost feelings right now?"

"No."

"..."

"Well, actually I just...No, never mind."

"Interesting."

"I thought I was supposed to call you. Is there a reason you called me or...?"

"Would you like me to read you inspirational quotes I found on Pinterest?"

"..."

"Parker? Have I lost you?"

"...Heh, why not."

"Grab a drink and take a seat, dear Parker, I have created an entire board in your honor."

"I'm touched. Are they all about depression?"

"None. I belive 'depressed' is another label that puts all of us into a box when in reality, we are all unique, intricate beings."

"...Alright, shoot."

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

"I don't want to catch a cold."

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you."

"The day has no physical being, it can't do anything."

"Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving."

"You've clearly never ridden a bike before. It just falls down and crushes you and makes you regret all of your life choices."

""Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

"But, if you never try, you never fail."

"...I see that I may have to switch my methods to something more....extreme."

"Wait, what does that mean...?"

"Have a nice rest of your day, Parker."

"Aurora?"

***click***

"Wait, Aurora, what are you doing?"

"Shit."

"Shi-i-i-i-i-t."

"Bring the quotes back, I'll sit quiet and listen."

"..."

"Aurora?"

"....Oh god. I'm scared."